Admin Control Panel

Posts Change Layout Sign Out

Jul 4, 2014

USA Canvas Bag Tutorial

Happy Birthday America!  I'm excited to celebrate our country while enjoying a long weekend filled with food, family & fireworks.

Today, I have a quick project for you that's perfect for this holiday or any day!

Studio Calico recently released this awesome digital stamp called Funnel Cake.  It's only available during July, so be sure to take a look!
I opened the image in my Silhouette software & mirrored the image.  For this project, I knew 2 images could fit one one page, so I duplicated the image.  Then, using the trace feature, I created a cut line along the outside edge.  In order to utilize the print & cut feature in the software, I enabled the registration marks.

If you don't have a Silhouette, no worries!  Just mirror the image using your own photo editing software.
At this point, you're ready to print.  I printed onto Avery's T-shirt Transfer Paper for light fabrics.

If you're using the Silhouette, the machine will also cut out the image for you.  If not, you can easily trim it out by hand.

If you've ever purchased items from the Studio Calico shop, you'll recognize these drawstring canvas bags.  (Small items are packaged inside these bags.)  I have a big collection of them now & they're perfect for re-purposing!

Follow the instructions that come with the heat transfer paper & iron the USA image onto the canvas bag.
Once cooled, you can remove the transfer paper, revealing the map image.
Pretty fun, right?
Now I want to transfer everything in sight.  New digital stamps are released each month & it's such a fun & easy DIY craft.  I can see some birthday goodie bags in my future....  :)

1 comment :

  1. Julie this is awesome - luv it. Thanks for the tutorial.

    ReplyDelete

This site has been Tweaked and Designed by Sara Williams | Powered by Blogger | Back to Top
 
Pin It button on image hover