Admin Control Panel

Posts Change Layout Sign Out

Jul 7, 2014

Summer Card Inspiration

 Things are finally starting to bloom here.  I love these coneflowers!  They're the one thing I can't seem to kill with my black thumb.
 I'm not much of a "fancy flower" kind of girl.  My husband knows to never buy me roses.  Echinacea is definitely more my style.
That's when I flipped when I saw this stamp set designed by 1Canoe2 for Studio Calico's July release.

It's filled with gorgeous "buildable" floral images & big, beautiful sentiments.

 
I don't know what these flowers are called (I'm so clueless when it comes to botany.)  I just know that I love them... and if my husband brought me a bouquet of them home, he would have my heart.  ;)  They are also included in the stamp set.  I'll share a fun tutorial on how to paint these flowers in an upcoming blog post at Studio Calico.
 I'm just going to admit it right now.  I think I've eaten my weight in watermelon this summer.  I can't seem to help myself.  So, when I saw the paper in the Penny Arcade card kit this month, I knew I had to use it to make a summery card.  It was just crying out to be made into a watermelon!
If you can cut a circle, you can make this card,  It's definitely easy to do & I think it turned out so sweet.  (Pun intended.)  

I used my Silhouette to cut out the circles, but you can easily make this design by tracing small saucers or anything round you have at home.  It's also a great project to make with kids!  Here's the basic run down:
  1. Cut one full circle out of white cardstock.  Score down the middle & fold in half.
  2. Cut a half circle (the same size as the first) using the green patterned paper found in the kit.
  3. Cut another smaller half circle from white cardstock.
  4. Cut a slightly smaller half circle from the red patterned paper from the kit.
  5. Apply adhesive-backed Velcro
I used a sentiment stamp from the Pinball card kit & added a snip of Velcro to hold the fruit closed.  I thought the little triangle banners from the Penny Arcade stamp set looked like pieces of watermelon, so I stamped them with Versamark ink to make a border.  (See.  I've eaten so much watermelon that everything I look at turns into the fruit!) 
 I hope you're enjoying your summer!  Thanks for stopping by.

No comments :

Post a Comment

This site has been Tweaked and Designed by Sara Williams | Powered by Blogger | Back to Top
 
Pin It button on image hover