Admin Control Panel

Posts Change Layout Sign Out

Nov 30, 2013

Studio Calico {Blue Note} December Reveal


I'm back with the full reveal of the December kits from Studio Calico.  Have you ordered yours yet?  There are still a few kits left & you can start a subscription to your favorite kit too to save even more.  If you're like me & are thinking about starting Project Life in January, now's a great time to jump on the bandwagon!  ;)  (I'm OCD I guess & just couldn't get going in the middle of the year.)

The Card Kit this month is just FULL of great color.  I love the Mama Elephant stamp set in the kit too!  It's a really trendy set that's perfect for birthdays & any celebration.

Here's one of the cards I made with the kit:
To make the shaker card, I recycled the packaging that the fabric flowers came in & added a handful of the included die cut stars as my confetti.  The sentiment just rocks.  :)

This is a card I made with the card add-on called Cole:

One of the "aha" moments I had this month was to combine the digital printables with the Silhouette printable cotton canvas sheets found in the shop.


It's easy to make a print & cut with the Silhouette & you end up with a sheet full of texturized stickers.  I'm planning on using some of the leftover stickers in my December Daily album.


Even though I'm a card maker, I always really enjoy working with the scrapbooking kit.  This month's kit has some of the most gorgeous paper I've seen in a long time.  Check out this navy paper with gold embossed stars:

I'm afraid my picture doesn't do it justice... but it's really heavy paper & the gold just gleams off of the navy background.  You can get extra sheets by ordering the add-on paper pack.

The scrapbooking kit also includes these die cut diamonds, which are made from heavy watercolor paper.  I made a couple of projects with them & used a few different mediums.  (watercolor paper, mists, & embossing powder)



I had a lot of fun with this card.  If you pull the card open....

the middle image starts to flip...
and then it reveals the sentiment inside!
Fun, huh?  There's room on the back of the card to write out a message.

The chevron paper used on this card is also part of the scrapbooking kit & add-on paper set.

I used the paper from the scrapbooking kit for the next two cards as well:


I thought it would be fun to replace the letter "i" with a candle from the card kit on this birthday card:

The Sinatra scrapbooking kit has these adorable heart shaped enamel stickers included.  So cute!

Thanks so much for taking a peek at my projects!  You can always find out more in my SC gallery.

No comments :

Post a Comment

This site has been Tweaked and Designed by Sara Williams | Powered by Blogger | Back to Top
 
Pin It button on image hover