Admin Control Panel

Posts Change Layout Sign Out

Mar 25, 2012

Lawn Fawn Inspiration Day: "Critters Ever After"

Welcome to the first post of Lawn Fawn's March Inspiration Week!  Today the team is featuring the new spring set "Critters Ever After."


I just love this latest addition to the "critters" collection.  You might remember this card I made earlier with the adorable unicorn from the set.

Today I decided to change gears a bit and create a masculine card using the griffin from the set.  My boys are 6 & 10 and are getting to the age where cutesy handmade cards just won't cut it anymore.

I added a lot of grunge & boyish details... and this card was given "two thumbs up" from the Campbell kids.  Score!



Heidi Swapp just released a totally big-boy friendly collection called No Limits.  I used her patterned paper & banner pack as the base of my design.


To really grunge things up, I gave the paper a mist or two of Studio Calico's Classic Calico mist, topping it with just a hint of Shine mist to give it a slight silver sheen.  I added droplets of Custard mist over the top of that & then started stamping.

Lawn Fawn's Chevron Backdrops set is the perfect set for adding bits of trendy details to a project.  I stamped it once in navy & then stamped it again just below without reinking to create an offset, imperfect impression... which is a really fun look for a grungy boy card.


Make sure to check out the Lawn Fawn blog today for more inspiration from the team!


Supplies used on this card:  (Click on pictures for links)

6 comments :

  1. Really cute boy card, Julie!! The chevron stamp looks great in the background!

    ReplyDelete
  2. great card. Love how you used the chevron!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amazing boy card! I find very hard making cards for not so little boys and this one is perfect! I love all the grunge effect

    ReplyDelete
  4. This stamp set is so cute. Your card is adorable. I love the colors and all the details. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete

This site has been Tweaked and Designed by Sara Williams | Powered by Blogger | Back to Top
 
Pin It button on image hover