Admin Control Panel

Posts Change Layout Sign Out

Mar 21, 2010

Under Your Spell

Good morning! :) I'm feeling a little guilty here because we all over slept and missed church today. I even slept through almost an hour of my alarm going off -- so I KNOW I was tired! WOW! I'm glad I wasn't suppose to be at work today. LOL! But... it does feel good to just have a day with the family where we're not rushing around, going from here to there & back again. Daylight savings time is NOT my friend.

So... since I have all of this extra time on my hands, I thought I'd show you a card I made the other day. ;)

I just LOVE this paper from Sassafras. It's so funky and fun. I was trying to capture (on paper) the feelings you have when you're crazy in love.... and those whirling emotions that come with it.

My crochet flower actually coordinates perfectly with the paper... but for some reason, the camera makes it a little off. :) The sentiment is much cooler in real life too b/c it's adhered in a wave-like pattern where parts of it are higher than another. You'll just have to take my word for it. ;)

Hope your Sunday is full of great family time & rest. And for those of you who actually made it to church today... I hope it lifted your spirit. :) Have a good one!!!


Supplies:
Cardstock: (True Black, Rustic Cream) Papertrey Ink; (Persimmon) Memory Box
Patterned Paper: (“Fractal Garden”, Amplify Collection) Sassafras
Ink: (Antique Linen Distress Ink) Ranger
Rub-ons: (Haunted) Cosmo Cricket
Accessories: (chipboard button) Jenni Bowlin; (crochet flower – Dear Lizzy Collection) American Crafts
Fiber: (black floss) Bazzill
Tools: sewing machine

Instructions:
1. Create card base from cardstock.
2. Lightly sand edges of patterned paper. Mat onto black cardstock. Machine stitch in place.
3. Apply rub-on sentiment onto notched cardstock. Mat with black cardstock. Ink edges. Apply to card using dimensional foam.
4. Apply rub-on to chipboard button. Ink edges and secure onto crochet flower using twine. Adhere to card.

No comments :

Post a Comment

This site has been Tweaked and Designed by Sara Williams | Powered by Blogger | Back to Top
 
Pin It button on image hover