Admin Control Panel

Posts Change Layout Sign Out

Jan 22, 2009

Just For Fun

Hey everyone! I wasn't sure if today's post would make it to my blog or not! My internet service keeps going in and out (mostly out)... but is scheduled to be fixed SOON! Yeah! :)

I'm super excited today because a group of my favorite stamping friends have started a monthly "get-together" --- a Just For Fun (JFF) Challenge! Each month, one of the girls sends out some fun patterned paper to each of us... and another girl selects a stamp for us to use. Since the paper/stamps are selected on the down low, it's fun to see what kind of combination we end up with. And.... I can't WAIT to see everyone's different versions. :)

This month, Carole sent us this fun heart print paper from American Crafts to use. I've been dying to get my hands on this Whiff of Joy image too (Willow with Hot Chocolate) so this was a great excuse to finally take the plunge and buy it. :)

I've been saving this pair of brown corduroy pants that my son use to wear (the snap broke) & wanted to try to cut it out with my Nestabilities dies. I tried over and over and couldn't get it to cut... but it did leave a nice smashed outline - so I trimmed it with my scissors & it worked just fine. I love putting fabric on my cards. It's a cheap, unique way to add texture! :)

The sentiment is from Kim Hughes' Hugs & Kisses set. I thought it was made for this image and paper combo! :)

I colored Willow with my go-to tool (Copics). I have a cool tip for you Copic lovers! If you have a bottle of Copic Blending Solution (the stuff that goes inside of the 0 Blending Pen), try dipping a tiny paint brush in it and using it to highlight your colored images. It's easier to control than the Blending Pen and you can customize how much blending solution you want to add.

To get a little more texture, try dipping a small gauze into the blending solution and dabbing onto your colored project. The first thing I colored on my image was Willow's green sweater. If you look closely, you can see the texture this technique produced. I would recommed not coloring anything else on your project until you're finished with the gauze/solution because it's easy to make everything surrounding it textured too.



Thanks for joining me for my first JFF Challenge! Make sure you check out the other girls' blogs to see what they came up with!!! :)



Carole Burrage

Michele Boyer

Alli Miles

Lori Craig



SUPPLIES:

Stamps:

- Willow with Hot Chocolate (Whiff of Joy)

- Hugs & Kisses (Cornish Heritage Farms)

Ink:

- Timber Brown Stazon, Onyx Black Versafine (Tsukineko)

Cardstock:

- Coredinations

- Spring Willow Medium, Suede Brown Dark, Simply Smooth White (Prism)

Printed Paper:

- "Hey There" Everyday Line (American Crafts)

Accessories:

- Copic Markers

- brads: Aged Copped Hodge Podge Hardware (SU)

- Heart XL Ghost Shape (Heidi Swapp)

- Aqua satin ribbon (Michaels)

- Creative Cafe green felt ribbon

- Stardust Gelly Roll pen (Sakura)

- Oval Nestabilities dies (Spellbinders)
- Corduroy

Tools:

- Sewing machine

11 comments :

  1. Oh so sweet. Love that corduroy! What a cool idea. Your layout is darling. Love your warm sponging and that green trim. :) Hugs, sweet friend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh goodness, hope everything starts working again, not having internet...I can relate, you feel so outta control. That's terrible about the furnace, and washer...OMG..hopefully all is better. On a side note, what a cute card!! LOVE that stamp. And I gotta get me some of those markers!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is fabulous, Julie!!! I LOVE her sweater! (Great Copic tips!) Great idea to use the corduroy too! I love all the texture and the clear heart! I'm so glad you gals decided to play! I'll look forward to this every month. :)

    And I hope your internet gets fixed! Gads!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fantastic card! I love all the texture, and your coloring is terrific! I'll be looking forward to your JFF project each month! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Look at this! I love that you added the fabric from your little guys pants -- how smart you are! And all that stitching... You're just all that and a bag of chips, you know it?! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. So warm and sweet! Love the textures and the felt and clear heart. You're right, the KH sentiment IS perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That sentiment is absolutely perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Julie, the warmth and cheery feeling I get from this card is incredible. You did an amazing job. Great use of corduroy too.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Julie,
    Beautiful card and thanks for the wonderful copics tip.

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a cute card! The corduroy is a really cool touch! And thanks for the copic tips!

    ReplyDelete

This site has been Tweaked and Designed by Sara Williams | Powered by Blogger | Back to Top
 
Pin It button on image hover