Happy Monday! Today, the CHF Chicks have a super fun challenge for everyone! -- Make a "shaped card". Basically - make something other thank your standard square or rectangle card. I've seen these diaper-fold baby invitations over the years in stores and knew it couldn't be too difficult to design one on my own. To save time, I did a search on the internet and found a template by Martha Stewart Crafts HERE. (Which is great for you too, in case you want to try this out yourself.) :)
The "diaper" was made by tracing my template onto Kim Hughes' MochaChica patterned paper. I'm super excited about a new stamp set that's coming this Thursday from the Mona Lisa Moments Collection by CHF! It's called Invitation Essentials --- and it's just that. Essential stamps to create elegant shower/birthday/anniversary, etc. invitations! I used this set to create my tag & for the inside segment of my card.
I've had a chance to peek at a few of the other CHF girls' projects today -- and they are all SO creative! Make sure to check them out by clicking on their blog links on the sidebar to the left.
Stamps: (all by Cornish Heritage Farms)
- Invitation Essentials (MLM Collection)
- (diaper pin) Baby Love (Kim Hughes Collection)
- MochaChica Paper Pack (designed by Kim Hughes for CHF)
- Rich Cocoa Memento inkpad by Tsukineko
- Old Paper Distress inkpad by Ranger
- Kraft, Iced Orange CS by Prism
- Cuttlebug Tag die by Provo Craft
- May Arts ribbon
- Silver eyelets
- Mini Scalloped Scissor by Fiskars
- Pink Diaper Pin by Making Memories