Admin Control Panel

Posts Change Layout Sign Out

Aug 5, 2007

You Make Me Smile!

Hey guys! Sorry I haven't been posting very regularly lately! It's been crazy busy here lately... and usually I can only stamp when my kids are asleep. I've been working a little extra at the hospital for the past few weeks - but now I'm finished with my commitment there and back on my regular schedule. Yeah!!! My hubby and I have actually been able to have some 'date nights' (which is SO nice!) Mom.. I know you're always checking my blog - so THANK YOU!!!! School is getting ready to start here too. My husband is a teacher and has been home all summer. I think we're both ready for him to get back on his regular schedule too! And... my oldest will be in school every day starting this year. It's going to be cool just spending some one-on-one time with my 'baby'. I don't think that's ever happened.

So.... for those of you who only check the posts for 'stamping' related things... this is the card I made today during nap time. (I love nap time!) I used my new Lizzie Anne set again AND my new set from Verve Visual! I really like these sentiments! They fit perfectly inside of Stampin' Up!'s Word Window punch! I used my Stamp-a-ma-jig to fit the sentiment perfectly inside of the dotted frame.

It's hard to tell in the picture, but the area on the right of the card was stamped and then Fun Flocked in white. I used an Aquapainter and Watercolor Wonder Crayons to add a little color. The fibers in the fun flock are so soft! You just can't resist rubbing your fingers over it. It really is fun! I just added some stitching to anchor it a bit.

For the flower, I stamped the image 3 times. I cut out the entire flower on one piece and just the inner part of the flower on the other piece. Everything was watercolored and given a little glitter from my Sakura Stardust pen. (I think I use this on just about everything!) I used some dimensionals to adhere and separate the layers.

The pink background was embossed with my Cuttlebug. I used an emery board and sanded it a bit to distress. The middle 'ribbon' strip was made with a scrap of My Mind's Eye paper. I used my Slot Punch to make an opening to run the ribbon through.

Thanks for checking out my post! I'll try to make them more frequent this week! :)

3 comments :

  1. I love the yummy colors and textures on this card. I've never used fun flock before, but I just bought some this weekend to try out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty card! I love the textured background. The floral image looks so pretty popped like it is, and I love the threaded 'ribbon strip'. Sewing looks great as well!

    ReplyDelete

This site has been Tweaked and Designed by Sara Williams | Powered by Blogger | Back to Top
 
Pin It button on image hover