Admin Control Panel

Posts Change Layout Sign Out

Jun 25, 2007

Bitzy Bride Gets Some Bling!

This card was really fun to make! I found a lot of inspiration from the blogs that I visit... so I'll try to give credit to the right people! The main inspiration came from Julee's post today. I loved how she layered her scalloped circles, all of the paper piercing, and of course -- the bling! This layout came from her newest sketch for Blogger Bingo (see postings below for more info).

Ok... now for all the details! (and there are a LOT of them!) I started of by stamping C.C.Design's Bitzy Bugs Bling Bride (what a mouthful!) and colored her in with Watercolor Wonder Crayons and an Aquapainter (SU). I cut out the center of her veil and added white organdy behind it to make it a little more realistic (I found this tip from Lauren Meader, if I remember correctly) and added Heidi Swapp pink small flower jewels (I found these on allthatscraps.com also). I added a diamond gemstone from Hero Arts to the bride's ring.

The scalloped circles are cut with Marvy Mega and Giga punches. All of the non-scalloped circles were cut with a Coluzzle. I added tiny pink dots to the scalloped edge with a Pretty in Pink SU marker.

The sentiment is from Papertrey Ink's Paper Tray set. I have gotten so much use from these stamps! There is a sentiment included for EVERYTHING! The scalloped edge of the sentiment is cut with Fiskars small scalloped scissors. The 'bride' and sentiment are both raised with Dimensionals.

The corners are made by cutting 1 Marvy Mega Scalloped Square, dividing it into fourths, and trimming. I added a little more bling to each corner. (Great idea, Julee!) I used a small needle and mat to paper pierce the edges of the card.

Paper: K&Co. Amelia Antique White Glitter paper (SO pretty!); Amy Butler Sola Brown Gracious Lotus Frothed paper; Rose Red, Old Olive, Chocolate Chip CS from SU; White Cardstock by Papertrey Ink.

8 comments :

  1. This is adorable! Love her bling and the organdy for the veil. Great card.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Way to adorable. I love the way you did her veil. Great colors to.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very creative with the vail.
    Love the colors. So Cute!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Super FUN card. Love the little veil and the bling is perfect. Ida

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this cutie card! Love the veil!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great job Julie. This will be cherished by whomever recieves it. Dont you love those Bitzy Bugz! Have you seen the summer ones.........

    ReplyDelete
  7. Her bling is PERFECT! :) Love it! :)

    ReplyDelete

This site has been Tweaked and Designed by Sara Williams | Powered by Blogger | Back to Top
 
Pin It button on image hover