Admin Control Panel

Posts Change Layout Sign Out

Jun 17, 2007

Autumnbella


I am addicted to these Bella Stamps! This particular stamp looks just like one of my friends - Autumn. Everytime I look at it I think 'I've GOT to send her a card!'. So, finally I put it down on paper and made one for her. I tried to make her look as true to life as possible and used Really Rust ink for her hair. I used my Sakura Stardust pen to highlight her curls.

I stamped a second Bella onto patterned paper and paper pieced her dress. I added a little color with my AquaPainter and ink pads (Apricot Appeal and Sahara Sand). I colored in parts of the dress with the same Sakura glitter pen.

The rest of Bella is colored in with Prismacolor pencils. I always make a matching envelope, and I think this one turned out really cool. I just traced the flap and added matching paper and ribbon. The rust edge is cut with scalloped scissors to match the card.

I've made similar 'tent topper' cards before, but never made one going horizontally. To make a card like this, I usually make a standard sized card back and adhere a scalloped image. Then, I place my card over an envelope to decide how much I need to cut off of the bottom. Basically, make sure your card will still fit in the matching envelope. I found the idea for this style of card on Michelle Wooderson's Blog (Mish Mash).


Stamps: Flowahbella, Papertrey Ink Faux Ribbon (Sentiment)
Paper: Au Chocolat (Designer Paper, Stampin' Up!), Chocolate Chip, Really Rust, Vanilla
Ink: Chocolate Chip, Really Rust, Apricot Appeal, Sahara Sand
Accessories: Coluzzle, scalloped scissors, Hodgepodge Hardware (SU), Grosgrain Ribbon (SU), Dimensionals, Aquapainter, Prismacolor Pencils, Dimensionals, Sakura Stardust Pen

No comments :

Post a Comment

This site has been Tweaked and Designed by Sara Williams | Powered by Blogger | Back to Top
 
Pin It button on image hover