Admin Control Panel

Posts Change Layout Sign Out

Jun 16, 2007

A Shower of Projects

Today we had a bridal shower for my 'soon-to-be' sister-in-law, Nicki --- so I thought I would post a few pictures. Her wedding colors are really vivid (fuchsia and orange) so it was really a fun party to decorate for.

I found these Blume Boxes on the site Fresh Floral Art . I am totally clueless when it comes to floral design, so I designed the box and my little sister did the arrangement. It's hard to tell, but I used Gina K's circle doodle set to add design to the scalloped edge. I punched the monogram from a die at my local scrapbooking store and secured some tiny Primas with a brad.



I just loved the way this 'wedding cake' turned out! We used bath towels, hand towels, and washcloths for our cake layers, held together with pink and orange gingham ribbon.















These candles were inspired by an article in Papercrafts Magazine by Nichole Heady. I printed the text for the matchbox on a computer and used a Cuttlebug die to create a tag. The Primas were a perfect size for this project! I found these on the site Eclectic Paperie. (LOVE this site!!!)
























These were the shower invites that I sent out to everyone. They needed to be simple so that I could mass produce and not go psychotic. Normally I can make one or two cards of the same design and then have to move on to something different. The images are from Stamping Bella and are stamped onto shimmery white CS. I colored them in with Prismacolor Pencils. The bride's dress is lined with Stickles glitter. The bouquets are also glittered with colored Stickles. I used a Martha Stewart punch to make the floral/eyelet topper.

Ok... I know this posting is getting long, but I HAD to add this picture of our 'brides'! They had 7 minutes to design the perfect wedding attire out of toilet paper. (My brother and his fiance are getting married on 7-7-7). I think they're looking pretty hot!

3 comments :

  1. YAY! The bridal shower stuff made the blog! So cute! I can't wait to share this will my mom and sisters! :) Thanks, again, for making everything PERFECT!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The toilet paper bridal gowns are absolutely hysterical! Thanks for sharing with us!!

    ReplyDelete

  3. [url=http://www.travelblog.org/Europe/Andorra/Canillo/blog-762376.html][b]sac longchamp[/b][/url]
    [url=http://shensacens.exteen.com/20121222/les-options-int-233-ressantes-qui-viennent-avec-sac-224-main][b]sac longchamp[/b][/url]
    [url=http://shensacens.bravesites.com/][b]sac longchamp[/b][/url]
    [url=http://www.nexopia.com/users/shenenmao/blog][b]sac longchamp[/b][/url]
    [url=http://www.squidoo.com/shenenmaoyis][b]sac longchamp[/b][/url]

    ReplyDelete

This site has been Tweaked and Designed by Sara Williams | Powered by Blogger | Back to Top
 
Pin It button on image hover