Admin Control Panel

Posts Change Layout Sign Out

Jan 14, 2014

A Little Love For Our Four Legged Friends

My son begged to get a dog for years & I kept putting it off.  I had heard stories of how tough it could be to train a puppy, & with two little boys at home, I didn't know if I had the time or energy to welcome a new pet into the family.  Finally, when my oldest was 8, I gave in & let him bring home a 10 week old Boston Terrier.  About 2 minutes after he was came home, I fell head over heels in love for this little guy we named Moses.

That was nearly 5 years ago & I still say getting Moses was the best decision our family ever made.  He has been THE BEST dog & is truly a member of our family.  I mean, really.  Look at this sweet face!  How could you not love him?


So when I saw this exclusive dog kit from Studio Calico, I knew I had to have it!


My kit just arrived & I decided it was a great time to whip up some treats for our little guy.  I followed the recipe for Peanut Butter Dog Treats & cut out the "cookies" with bone & puppy cookie cutters.


The recipe was really easy to follow & my dog completely approved.  He's still staring at me with those puppy eyes, trying to see if I'll give him a few more.

I wanted to store the extra treats in something cute that could sit out on the counter & decided to dress up a canning jar with my new supplies from the dog kit.


I used a couple of the stamps from the set to dress up a shipping tag & heat embossed the images to give them a really bold look.  The washi tape from the kit made it really easy to add a decorative wrap around the belly of the jar.

 If you follow the recipe linked above, you might want to remove smaller cookies about 5-10 minutes early.  (By the way, I love how the dog cookie looks just like a Boston Terrier!)

Although the dog kit above is now sold out, you can find the digital images for sale here.

Or… if you're a cat lover, Studio Calico has just released this adorable Cat Lovers Mini Kit:


Even though I'm a die hard "dog person", I couldn't resist this kit!  Those painted cat clothespins are going to make the cutest gift toppers!  And.. I love how so many of the images from the stamp set can be used for other things.  (I know I'll be using that yarn image to document some of my recent knitting projects!)

These kits are only available to Studio Calico kit subscribers, so if you're interested & haven't subscribed yet, you can sign up for either the Scrapbooking, Card, or Project Life kit & then order your exclusive set.  There are so many perks to being a kit subscriber & I love that these fun exclusives are offered each month.  I can't wait to see what they come up with next!

2 comments :

  1. Aww...cute dog, love the dog treat jar!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great decision! Boston Terriers are awesome, mine is 8 years old and I am in love with him! They are great with kids! Congrats for yours he is so cute!!

    ReplyDelete

This site has been Tweaked and Designed by Sara Williams | Powered by Blogger | Back to Top
 
Pin It button on image hover