For those of you who have patiently waited for this tutorial, thank you! I initially posted photos of my first tablet case in this post & have made several since then. They're just so fun & they make great gifts!
This case fits my iPad mini perfectly (as well as a few other goodies) & it's definitely unique compared to all of the other cases available commercially. I love that you can customize it to fit your own personality & style.
- a hard back book slightly larger than your tablet
- a long zipper (22"-26", depending on the size of your book)
- fabric of your choice
- Heat & Bond
- E6000 glue
- binder clips
- sewing machine & basic sewing skills (you'll need to sew a few straight lines)
- Fiskars Craft Knife (or similar cutting tool)
- patterned paper (I used this Color Theory paper pack for all of my books)
- chipboard (cereal boxes work fine)
Here's the step-by-step video tutorial:
I hope you enjoy making your own vintage book cases!