Admin Control Panel

Posts Change Layout Sign Out

Mar 27, 2013

Studio Calico April Reveal {Spencer's}

Have you seen the AWESOME new Studio Calico kits for April?  Grab a cup of coffee & join me as I share my projects for this month using the new Spencer's kits.  (See the coffee theme I've got going on here?)  ;)

For those of you who are subscribers, the kits are already available for purchase.  They'll be available at midnight for everyone & we always have a fun time in the live chat room for release.  Come and join us if you can!  :)

I loved layering paper & embellishments to make this retro-looking birthday card.
I trimmed one of the larger Project Life cards & paired it with paper from the Daily Grind kit... and then layered in some flair from the PL kit & a die cut from the Card Kit Add-on (Americano.)



These tags from the Daily Grind kit are awesome! (I added some mustard-colored cord to them to add a little texture.)
You'll definitely want to pick up the More Color cardstock pack this month! This mustard CS matches so many elements from the kits & the other colors are gorgeous as well.
The woodgrain alpha stickers are from the PL kit this month.


This card all started with one of the digital die cuts offered this month. The heart cut-out is adorable & makes for a quick design element for any project.
I altered the brown woodgrain alphas by coloring over them with a navy marker. To help them show up even more, I misted a small section before adhering them in place.


These tiny envelopes are the perfect thing for tucking away a gift card or other tiny present.
White pigment ink when stamping always makes a cool "chalkboard" effect. So fun!

This card began with one of the 3x4 Project Life cards from this month's kit. The Project Life stamp Add-on this month is just amazing & I used that to dress up the card a bit.
The vellum from the Spencer's Scrapbooking kit is so fun! I layered it over white cardstock to really make it pop.


The paper from the Daily Grind kit are just incredible this month! I added some stitched cording from the Americano kit & embellishments. The chalkboard paper from the Card Kit really makes everything pop!


I experimented a little bit on this one & loved how it turned out! I stamped the row of houses onto the Cosmo Cricket paper (from the Scrapbooking Add-on #2) & watercolored them.
The "True Story" element is a card from the Project Life kit. I love using the PL cards as part of my card design!
The scalloped border was made by fussy-cutting some paper from the Card Kit.
I covered the anchor washi with a bit of vellum just to soften it a bit.


I love using the Zing! embossing powder over dark cardstock! It works like no other.
The wood die cut sentiments this month in the Card Kit are SO awesome! Try using some of the American Crafts dot adhesive with fine wood veneer like this. It works like a charm!


For those of you who visit the message boards frequently, you might have seen this Silhouette die cut posted earlier. :) I used the Card Kit & the Card Kit Add-on along with some of that scrumptious white woodgrain cardstock to make this.
If you'd like to make one yourself, I have a free Silhouette download that you can find HERE.


The Project Life cards come in so handy when I'm making greeting cards! I love that the cork paper from the Spencer's Card Kit coordinates perfectly with the arrows in the Project Life kit too.
The diamond print paper is from the Daily Grind kit & the vellum paper is from the Main Scrapbooking Kit.

 Thanks for taking a peek at my cards for this month!  If you get any of the kits & post projects of your own, I'd love to see them!


4 comments :

  1. These are all so amazing Julie! I always love your clever and fun creations! Fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow awesome cards this month!! Thanks for the inspiration!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome cards! I love the one with the stamped row houses. Happy Easter!

    ReplyDelete

This site has been Tweaked and Designed by Sara Williams | Powered by Blogger | Back to Top
 
Pin It button on image hover