Admin Control Panel

Posts Change Layout Sign Out

Jun 5, 2012

Masking Double Take

I found this cool US die cut shape in the Silhouette store & thought it would be fun to use it as a mask on one of my latest cards.  But... to get the look I was after, I had to do a masking double take.  Let me show you what I mean...

I started by masking the outer edges of the map, leaving the center open.  Then I took my entire sheet of Studio Calico state stamps & stamped onto patterned paper using navy ink.

To really make the map stand out, I placed a mask over the area that I had just stamped & sprayed silver Mister Huey ink over the entire piece.


I cut a wood frame out using my Silhouette as well.  (Did you know you can run the slim wood sheets through your die cutter?!?  It probably dulled my blade to pieces, but I just had to try it!  I've cut several things after the fact & they seem to still cut just fine.  Fingers crossed for future success.)  ;)  I didn't use a mat - just ran the wood straight through by itself with the highest blade setting.

And yes.  That is yet another wood veneer shape that I used on this project.  I told you that I couldn't quit!  The little heart was just what I needed to give the card more meaning.

You can find out more about this card in my Two Peas Gallery.

Card Supplies: (click on pictures for links)

4 comments :

  1. such a fun card...Love the design...

    ReplyDelete
  2. This card is WONDERFUL! Love the double masking and that you didn't even have to peel the stamps off the sheet! Quick and easy! Look great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. this is such a cool card! love love it! :)

    ReplyDelete

This site has been Tweaked and Designed by Sara Williams | Powered by Blogger | Back to Top
 
Pin It button on image hover