Admin Control Panel

Posts Change Layout Sign Out

Sep 18, 2011

A Fun Little Weekend Getaway

My husband & I decided to go on a last minute trip to the Country Living Fair this weekend in Columbus, OH.  We've been wanting to go for years & it finally worked out.  The CL fair is a huge festival put on by Country Living Magazine (one of my all-time favorite publications!)  This year, the fair was held in the Ohio Village - an adorable location filled with primitive homes & people dressed in period clothing.

There was SO much to see and do & we had THE best time!

I loved this amazing display of pumpkins & gourds!  Fall is my favorite season of the year, and this is just a big tower of happiness in my book!



Booths lined the streets filled with amazing treasures & goodies.



I couldn't resist snapping a picture of these roosters & chickens that were hanging near the demonstration building.


We scored some great deals & came home with a few fun things for our home.

We decided to go downtown to have some dinner & had no idea that a huge street festival was also going on.  We walked through the streets and saw this peanut shop on the way.


We meandered our way through the crowds and found this little Venezuelan restaurant & decided to try it out.  Oh.  My.  Goodness!  Everything was so, SO good!


We sat on the patio of the restaurant & people watched while we ate.  And let me tell you... this street festival brought out all kinds of interesting people!


There was a group of people who walked through the crowd on stilts, swirling umbrellas & dancing to the music.  There were bands on every block... along with shops and vendors selling some really eclectic items.


There were bikes and rollerbladers everywhere.  I saw this bike in an alley and HAD to snap a picture.


The smell of food permeated the air.  These people made a grilled cheese "restaurant" out of what looked like a delivery truck -- serving grilled cheese in a million different varieties.  Who knew?!?


There were artists and food shops everywhere.  The air was permeated with creativity.  I was in heaven. 

 If you're ever in the area, make sure to stop by Jeni's Ice Cream Shop.  I forgot to snap a picture because I was in ice cream la la land.  Let me just tell you... you have never had ice cream until you've tried this!  We had a mix of milk chocolate & salted caramel.  My life is now complete.


The boys got to hang out with their grandpa while my hubby & I had our little adventure.  I'm not sure who was more exhausted by the end of the day.  ;)  (This is a pic of my youngest in the car, taken a couple minutes after we picked them up.)


I love days like this!

7 comments :

  1. Looks like such a fun, fun day! I love doing stuff like this. Thanks for sharing with us. Fall is my favorite season, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing your day. I've read about the CL fair, and Jeni's Ice Cream! Would love to see both, but I doubt I ever will. Fun to see it vicariously, though. I think my reaction to her ice cream would be the same as yours! What a great hubby to want to share this day with you. My DH and I went to a small local festival and he was quite grumpy throughout, and couldn't wait to leave. I got half a cookie. Well, it was a good cookie!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like everyone had a great time--what amazing photos! It's like I was there--WISH I was there! SUPER fun!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What wonderful memories made. Sounds like a wonderful time Julie. Everyone should have days like that. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love days like that too, thanks so much for sharing all the sights of your fun adventure.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a fun day! I'm also a fan of the fall season. My favorite picture was the mountain of pumpkins and gourds - so colorful.

    Thanks for sharing,
    Dorothy C.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Aw - we were supposed to go too but my husband ended up having to work :( That looks like the best time and since fall is my favorite season it looks like I would have loved it! Maybe next year. Thanks for sharing all of your awesome pics with us. :)

    ReplyDelete

This site has been Tweaked and Designed by Sara Williams | Powered by Blogger | Back to Top
 
Pin It button on image hover