Admin Control Panel

Posts Change Layout Sign Out

Nov 28, 2010

Christmas Notions Crafting Kit

One of my favorite things about this craft is mixing and matching different supplies to create something fresh and new.  It's kind of like putting together a really great outfit... only in paper form.  :)


I love the sewing trend that's become so hot in the scrapbooking market!  Everywhere you look, you'll find stitching & buttons.... sewing patterns.... dress forms.... and everything in between!  I thought I would bring together several trendy products (both fresh & new AND vintage) to create a one-of-a-kind kit that's perfect for dressing up your holiday projects.  I used a traditional Christmas color palette, but the products are completely universal & could be used for any time of the year.  Here is a card I made from bits & pieces from my Christmas Notions Kit:



This kit is newly listed in my Etsy shop & comes PACKED with everything you need to make a wide assortment of cards, gifts, or layouts.  Some of the papers included are from The Girls' Paperie Tinsel & Twig collection and October Afternoon's Modern Homemaker & Thrift Shop lines.  Here is a list of the nearly 70 items included in this kit:


Kit Contents:
- 12 pieces of trendy patterned paper (The Girls' Paperie, October Afternoon, & more!)
- Maya Road decorative edge kraft envelope
- ribbon card (green tulle, red polka dot ribbon, Merry Christmas satin ribbon, black gingham, & green bakers twine)
- large cream tag
- 3 large tags made from vintage pattern pieces
- 1 small tag with baker's twine
- die cut dress forms (2 each made of red felt, cork, & patterned paper)
- 2 Jillibean Soup journaling circles
- Wild Card
- ticket
- "Please Return By" tag
- scissor & measuring tape die cuts
- 2 glittered flowers
- 3 red flowers
- 2 gingham flowers
- 6 buttons
- bingo token
- 3 handmade medallion/scrunched floral embellishments
- embroidered floral brad
- Maya Road chipboard sewing pieces
- 3 sentiment die cuts
- 3 chipboard flourishes
- 1 large sheet from a vintage sewing pattern




(click on photos to enlarge)



The papers are cut to both 5-1/4 x 4" and 6" x 4".  (The smaller papers mat perfectly with a standard A2 card base.)


I wrapped a long piece of green tulle around a cream parcel tag & then topped it with several other coordinating ribbons & baker's twine.  The tag doubles as a ribbon card & can be decorated to create a great gift tag, bookmark, or embellishment.

The chipboard flourishes and sewing shapes can be misted, painted, inked, or paper pieced!


Here is a closeup of one of the vintage sewing pattern medallions that I handmade.  I love these vintage bingo markers too!  The kit includes two medallions and one puffy scrunchy flower.




Some of my favorite pieces in this kit are the die cut dress forms.  There are 2 made from adhesive-backed cork... 2 from red felt... and 2 from sewing pattern paper.  The decorative-edged kraft envie is pretty fun too!


The kit is packaged in a large glassine bag, wrapped in a large piece of vintage sewing pattern.  (I used part of my sewing pattern for the background of my card.)


I'm brainstorming several other kit ideas - so let me know if you're looking for anything in particular!  :)




1 comment :

  1. OHHHHH--Julie! I am putting these kits on my wish list! I LOOOOOOVE these sewing themed kits! I love everything with sewing! I also love those dress forms--LOVE IT! Your color choices are perfect too:) Fab card, by the way! LOVE that faux stitching--and that tiny flower embellie:) YOU ROCK! LOOOOOVE visiting here:)

    ReplyDelete

This site has been Tweaked and Designed by Sara Williams | Powered by Blogger | Back to Top
 
Pin It button on image hover