Admin Control Panel

Posts Change Layout Sign Out

Jan 1, 2010

I'm Not Slow.....

I had to laugh a little at the title. Maybe I stayed up too late last night. Anyway.....

I wanted to show you a card I made using Unity's new January Kit of the Month!!!! I think this little mushroom trio is just the cutest thing ever! I had some good color therapy by making it... and was really happy with how it all turned out. Makes me happy. :)

So... I've got some new ideas for 2010. First of all... my parents surprised me with a new Flip Video camera for Christmas -- so, if all goes well, I'll be making some videos for you guys. I did a test run and I look/sound like a complete dork. This is going to take some getting use to... and I'm going to have to just deal with the fact that I'm not going to be the next Oprah. I know. Shocker. Plus... my craft room needs painted. It's two-toned right now because I couldn't decide on a color that I liked.... and now I don't like either. I've got some paint... now I've just got to try to convince my husband that it would be FUN to work on it together. Cough! Cough! I tried to guilt him into it by saying it could be my Christmas present (since he hasn't bought me anything in about a decade). --- hoping that strategy might work. I don't enjoy painting my craft room b/c the walls are made from bead board. Those grooves take so much work. BUT.... it's super tiny and has attic ceilings, so maybe it won't take too long.

Anyway.... excited to see what the new year brings. Have a good one!!!

14 comments :

  1. good luck on your scrap room! I need to clean mine :) Your card is absolutely adorable!! Those mushrooms are really growing on me {or maybe I just love the little snail}!! I can't wait to see your videos and I'm sure we won't think you are dorky!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Julie I love this card, the colours are just perfect for your background papers.. I can't wait to get this kit in my hands now!! Have fun painting your scraproom, That is on my agenda this year too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have fun on your scrap room project! Love your card, especially your color combo and technique! Happy 2010!

    ReplyDelete
  4. ooh, Julie! this card is beautiful! I love your coloring on it! Have fun with the new camera!! smiles...

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think I have been following your blog since I first started bloging myself! Always LOVE your work! Happy New Year! Good luck with the scrap room, Love the card, and I cant wait till I get my kit! XXX

    ReplyDelete
  6. OMGosh! Love this! The bright colors are so zesty and full of cheer, and coloring the grass blue is genius!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow! You're one busy girl! That sentiment is too cute! Love that patterened paper!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is absolutely AMAZING! ALL The elements-the DP, the ribbon, and your AMAZING coloring..I LOVE IT! And your bags are fabulous too...any chance you'll be making another one like yours or is that one an "original" heehee...You know I can never have enough bags! I still gotta blog mine-I LOVE LOVE LOVE it and get SOOO many compliments on it and my camera battery died before I ccould show it yest. Monday I think ;) LOVE IT!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. LOVE your card Julie- and I know all too well the disappointment in realizing our dreams of being the next big TV star will not come to fruition! ;) However, I am sure you are being harder on yourself than any of your loyal and loving viewers ever would be!

    ReplyDelete
  10. BEAUTIFUL card Julie. LOVE the color combo and how you colored the images. Cant wait to get the Jan KOM! Happy New Year!! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  11. OMG I am INLOVE with your blog! Your cards and style are just WOW stunning amazing!! I think I will go grab a cuppa and scroll through your blog.
    Your bags are fabulous too, might have to check if yo post to Australia heheh.
    Kristy

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is SO GORGEOUS!!!WOW!!! You are amazing!!!

    ReplyDelete

This site has been Tweaked and Designed by Sara Williams | Powered by Blogger | Back to Top
 
Pin It button on image hover