Admin Control Panel

Posts Change Layout Sign Out

Mar 9, 2009

Grace Girls & a New Sketch!

It's hard to believe that another week has flown by! This is this week's sketch from 2 Sketches 4 You!!!

We were lucky enough to be sponsored this week by an awesome stamp company - Starving Artistamps!!! I really love their images (especially the Doodle Factory line) and was so excited to get to ink up this image from the Grace Girls set! The bold lines in the image makes it so fun to color!

I used some fun paper from the Friendly Forest line by Colorbok. (I found this at Michaels on SALE!!!) To make the ruffle at the top, I just cut a thin strip of paper, wet it slightly, and then gathered it together. Then, I sewed the bottom edge to secure it in place and sandwiched it between my card front and base. (I kind of like this little technique! I used it on the card in my previous post too.) :)

I hope you can find time to play along with the sketch challenge! It's always a lot of fun & usually a weekly prize is given out to one of the participants. Make sure you check out what the other designers have come up with! Their blog links can be found on the left column of my blog.

Happy Monday! :)


8 comments :

  1. I am lovin' all your sweet girly stamps lately, Julie! Your coloring is just wonderful and of course, your bellies are always TDF!

    Hugs,
    Amy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the girl face you chose & I adore how you did the ruffle across the top. My goal is to color like you one day:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your cards are fabulous. Love the idea of stitching the paper to create a ruffle. Thanks for the tip

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! Love what you did here. The ruffle at the top is perfect. Your colors and coloring are spot on as well.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great card and I love the colours!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sweet sweet card! I of course always admire your coloring!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very beautiful card !! I love the stamp and the way you colored it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love your card! I really really need some copics.. sigh.. :)

    ReplyDelete

This site has been Tweaked and Designed by Sara Williams | Powered by Blogger | Back to Top
 
Pin It button on image hover