Admin Control Panel

Posts Change Layout Sign Out

Mar 10, 2009

Dear Santa

I know, I know! Christmas is MONTHS away... but I recently made this little holiday card using another one of my Gorjuss Girls! There's a challenge going on right now on the Sugar Nellie blog & you have to make a Christmas card using one of their images. I love the versatility of this stamp! It could be for Valentine's day or Christmas... AND would be perfect for one of those "Just a Note" kind of cards!

I've been seeing some of these fun paper embellishments around blog land and wanted to see if I could figure out how to make them. I'm not sure if I'm doing it "right"... but I just fan-folded a tiny piece of paper and adhered the ends together. The tricky part is getting it to lay flat. It took a little extra adhesive... and then I added a chipboard star to cover up the center and ends.

This paper was part of my recent CARDS magazine goodie box. I REALLY love it!!! (It's called Roxbury Scrap Strip by Scenic Route.)

This Gorjuss gal was colored with Copics (surprise, surprise) and her hair was highlighted with a gold Spica glitter pen. (just click on the pic if you want to see it up close & personal.)

8 comments :

  1. Fantastic card. I don't know how you can create such a beautiful card when all I can think about is spring and warm, but you have done a superb job.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww this is so cute! Great work:)
    Laura

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so fab and fun! Love the clean crisp feel to the card. Great paper flower! Thanks for joining us at the Sugar Bowl!
    Judy xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great spin Julie, I would never have thought about it as a letter to Santa. Lovely card.
    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your card is lovely! Great flower - have to try it sometime :) Thanks for joining the Sugar Bowl challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Julie
    Delicious card! I love your embellishment!
    Thanks so much for sharing your Christmas sugar at The Sugar Bowl!
    Sugar Mama x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Julie,
    You are always so clever in thinking up ways to use your images in a different way. I love the rather plain paper and the fact that you used her for a Letter to Santa. Great colours and I like your flower embellishment with the star and button - it looks perfect to me. I should see if I can make one - I really like it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Awwww....I love that you used this image for a Christmas card!!

    ReplyDelete

This site has been Tweaked and Designed by Sara Williams | Powered by Blogger | Back to Top
 
Pin It button on image hover