Admin Control Panel

Posts Change Layout Sign Out

Jan 24, 2009

Sweetie Pi


For those who are regular visitors to my blog, you KNOW how much I love a good sketch! It always helps to have something visual as a starting point for creativity.

I recently discovered a really awesome sketch blog that I wanted to share with you! 2 Sketches 4 You posts a new sketch at the beginning of each week -- so it's a perfect site to get your mojo going after a long weekend!

The sketch above is this week's sketch. And... here is my take on it:


My best friend's husband is a math major. (For those of you who are NOT math braniacs, the symbol is the Greek letter "Pi".) ;) He was telling me about how his high school math students loved to celebrate Pi day (March 14 ~ 3.14)... and that got my brain turning. (They all bring in homemade pies to share with the school.) I knew the sentiment that I wanted to use, but wasn't sure how I would incorporate the symbol. And then... as I was digging through my craft stash, I found just what I was looking for in my Basic Grey Recess Chipboard box. YEAH! It was meant to be! :)


I hope you get a chance to craft this weekend too! I'm hoping to barricade myself in my craft room for at least an hour today. :) (pinkie toes crossed!)


SUPPLIES:
Stamps:
(clear) Borders & Corners Circles (Papertrey Ink)

Ink:
- Timber Brown StazOn (Tsukineko)

Cardstock:
- Kraft, Suede Brown Dark (Prism)

Printed Paper:
- "Garden Chair" Daydream Collection (October Afternoon)
- "Walk in the Park" Detours Collection (October Afternoon)
- "Crimson Dots" Serendipity Blue Boutique (Sassafras Lass)

Accessories:
- Poolside Vinyl Letter Thickers (American Crafts)
- "Together" Stitched Felt Stickers (Chatter Box)
- Recess Undressed Chipboard (Basic Grey)
- Circle Nestabilities Die (Spellbinders)
- Threading Water Punch (Fiskars)

Tools:
- Sewing Machine & thread


12 comments :

  1. Such a cute card and so creative using the 'pie' symbol. I also ♥ your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is soooo clever. I love it and such a cute way to use Pi too! Thanks for playing
    Hugs
    Kazan

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely sweet beyond words...so YOU, Julie!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So absolutely sweet, and so YOU, Julie!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is such a cute card & so creative to use Pi!! You have a twin...everytime I see your avatar, I think of a local friend of mine:) Enjoying your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is just darling!! Loving the pie symbol! Great job with the sketch!

    ~Lea

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh how cut is this!!! What a great idea!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful card! Great take on the sketch.

    ReplyDelete
  9. How clever is this... I just love the 'pi' symbol!! Fabulous take on Kazan's sketch this week!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This card is just too cute! I absolutely LOVE your super clever sentiment!

    ReplyDelete
  11. SUPER cute, Julie! I love it!!

    ReplyDelete

This site has been Tweaked and Designed by Sara Williams | Powered by Blogger | Back to Top
 
Pin It button on image hover