Admin Control Panel

Posts Change Layout Sign Out

Jan 15, 2009

Retro Chic

I had a lot of fun with this one! :) I LOVE Gina K's Many Happy Re-turns set! The classic images are so 'in' right now! It was designed by artist Rupa Shevde... which makes it an even GREATER set in my book. When I met Gina at CHA last summer, she told me a little about Rupa. Rupa loves the Lord and uses the talents that she was given to help others. (She gives most of her earnings from the sets she designs to charitable organizations such as Food for the Hungry.)

How many of us use our talents to gain esteem or personal recognition? Rupa's life and attitude are truly aspiring. :)

So... here is the first card that I've made with my new set:


I wanted to use this fun green shade because it reminded me of the color of old appliances from the 50's. :) The main image is embossed in white and cut out with a Spellbinder's die. The little bottlecap letters reminded me of the old type font... so I HAD to use those too. :) Finally, I punched some holes on the side panel and snipped them just a bit to look like that fun binding punch from Stampin' Up! that I've never forked out the $$$ for.

Thanks for visiting!!! :)


SUPPLIES:
Rubber Stamps:
(typewriter) Many Happy Re-turns by Gina K Designs
Ink:
Versamark by Tsukineko
Cardstock:
Caribbean, Licorice CS by Memory Box
Printed Paper:
Night Light Sugar Dots by My Mind's Eye

Accessories:
White Detail Embossing Powder by Stampendous
Labels 1 die by Spellbinders
Spare Parts Bottlecaps by the Paper Studio
Card Sayings rub-ons by Making Memories
hole punch (office supply)


3 comments :

  1. Great retro card. You are right the colors are that of the 50's appliances. Love those little bottle caps.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it! I was just going to plan out the valentine using the typewriter from the set out of SU and it has the wording "Your my type" or whatever. Now, I have more ideas for uses - duh! The colors are perfect for that retro look. Thanks for that idea too. Love visiting your blog and seeing all your great projects!

    Chris R. from Iowa

    ReplyDelete
  3. So cute, Julie! Your punch holes and snips look perfect!!!

    ReplyDelete

This site has been Tweaked and Designed by Sara Williams | Powered by Blogger | Back to Top
 
Pin It button on image hover