Admin Control Panel

Posts Change Layout Sign Out

Dec 7, 2008

Easter in December?

Yeah... I know. It's a little out of season. But - you have to understand how the paper crafting world works. They have a different time clock than the rest of us. :) Magazines work at least 6 months in advance. Stores want seasonal items EARLY. So... that means I get to play with new stamp sets early too! Honestly, the fresh Spring-like colors are a breath of fresh air to me! I love to mix it up a bit. And - I have a tendency to be a procrastinator, so this gives me a little head start! Otherwise, I remember to make an Easter card the Monday after. :)

I recently got some SUPER cute Easter stamps from CHF!!! Several of the images are singles that have been resized and grouped with new sentiments to create this new set called Hey Chickie. I just love the font used for these sentiments!!! (This set will be released this Tuesday, December 9th!)




One of my favorite *new-to-me* bloggers is Mel McCarthy. If you haven't visited her blog - you really need to! She has the most amazing ideas and FREE templates available for download. I used one of her traceable templates to cut out the cream panel that I stamped on above.

For the bottom of my card, I embossed on the backside of my note card & then sponged everything just a bit with Distress ink.


Stamps:
- Hey Chickie set (Cornish Heritage Farms)

Ink:
- Onyx Black Versafine (Tsukineko)
- Walnut Stain Distress ink (Ranger)

Cardstock:
- Cream

Patterned Paper:
- Dill Blossom: Myrrh (SEI)

Accessories:
- Traceable die shape by Mel
- White Organdy ribbon
- Prismacolor pencils & gamsol
- Glossy Accents (Ranger): placed over egg
- Button (Basic Grey)

Tools:
- Scor-pal
- Embossing Heat tool (to curl ribbon)


No comments :

Post a Comment

This site has been Tweaked and Designed by Sara Williams | Powered by Blogger | Back to Top
 
Pin It button on image hover