Admin Control Panel

Posts Change Layout Sign Out

Oct 13, 2008

Bittersweet

Happy Monday! :) I've really been enjoying the fall weather here. It seems like there is a festival going on about every weekend! The other day I was at a roadside stand where they where selling bunches of bittersweet --- which was my inspiration for this card:

Today's CHF Chick Challenge was to use Memento inks. I really LOVE these little ink pads. CHF
has them on special through October 16th & you can read more about them in Julia's post HERE.

I made my bittersweet by stamping the Apple Blossom image twice in Cantaloupe Memento ink. (The Apple Blossom image is one of many Kim Hughes' floral images that will be available as singles -mounted & unmounted- on Thursday, October 16th!) I used a Copic marker to add dots, creating my berries. I dotted the berries with a white gel pen to give it a little more life. And finally, I used a fine-tipped brown marker and traced over the stem area.

Do you see the green moss I made peeking out of the flower pot using my Flower Soft? :)

Memento inks are also great to use when coloring. They ink up really rich and vibrant... and once dry, will not smear when using Copic Markers! These inkpads are tiny but mighty! They're nice and juicy, & I had no problem inking up my Scratchy Straw backgrounder!

Want to see what the other CHF girls have up their sleeves? Click on the links below:

- Kristine
- Alli
- Julia

- Kim

- Sherrie

- Val

- Michele


Supplies:
Stamps: (all by Cornish Heritage Farms)
- Apple Blossom (the Kim Hughes Collection)
- Vases (the Kim Hughes Collection)
- Scratchy Straw Backgrounder
- Get Well Centers (Mona Lisa Moments Collection)

Ink:
- Tuxedo Black, Rich Cocoa, & Cantaloupe Memento inkpads by Tsukineko
- Versamark inkpad by Tsukineko

Cardstock:
- Mango CS by Memory Box
- Kraft & Birchtone Dark CS by Prism

Printed Paper:
- Scrapblocks paper pack

Accessories:
- Copic markers
- Ranger Inksentials gel pen
- All Fall Ball Trim by Fancy Pants
- Ticket corner punch by EK Success
- Orange Baubles
- Christmas Green Flower Soft by Katy Sue Designs
- White Detail EP by CHF
- Fine tipped brown marker

5 comments :

  1. This is SO pretty, Julie! Love the moss and the trim! (And I like your music too!) :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty Julie! Love the flower soft on this as it doesn't overwhelm the image just compliments it beautifully! That trim is YUMMY too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So pretty, Julie ~ I love this... The coloring of the stamped image. The layout, the grey...LOVE IT! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful card, I love how you have coloured the flowerpot, I can never get the dimention right :0)
    **Hugs** Heather x

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great card! Love that image and the colors... and all the dimensions you created... TFS!

    ReplyDelete

This site has been Tweaked and Designed by Sara Williams | Powered by Blogger | Back to Top
 
Pin It button on image hover