Admin Control Panel

Posts Change Layout Sign Out

Aug 13, 2008

So much to Share....

Well... it's late Wednesday night and I'm really enjoying a little peace & quiet right now. School starts tomorrow and I didn't let the boys nap today because I wanted to make sure they went to sleep early tonight. Let me tell you how fun that was today. (rolling eyes) I am SO looking forward to getting back to some routine! My husband teaches, so he'll be back to the grindstone tomorrow too. It's just been really hard to find time to devote to my craft lately. Life's priorities have taken over. :) So, now I finally feel like I can have a little "me" time without feeling terribly guilty.

This post is long-winded, so please hang with me. :) There's just so many things going on right now... so hopefully I can post a lot this week. First of all, tomorrow is a release day for some really versatile stamp sets in the Mona Lisa Moments collection. But... by the time you read this, it probably will already be Thursday, and you can check the sets out in their entirety. The new sets are called Everyday Petites & Train Expressions. Everyday Petites is jammed packed with nearly 50 tiny sentiments that you can use 'everyday'. ;) For those of you who have little boys, you'll love the Train Expressions set! It's a perfect companion to the Thomas the Train images... but as you'll see below, can also be used for a variety of themes.

Below is a tag I made using some of the new sentiments:


Stamps: all by Cornish Heritage Farms
- ("I {heart} you") Everyday Petites (the Mona Lisa Moments Collection)
- ("To:, From:") Train Expressions (the Mona Lisa Moments Collection)
- (heart) Primitive Christmas (the Rummage Bin Collection)

Cardstock:
- Rose Medium Prismatic CS by Prism
Printed Paper:
- Addie Die Cut Scallop by Making Memories

Ink:
- Black Onyx Versafine inkpad by Tsukineko

Accessories:
- twill
- Waxy Flax by ScrapWorks

Tools:
- sewing machine/white thread

And... this little card is so simple, but I really loved how it turned out. I had this 'beach' themed paper by K & Co that was all crackled and primitive looking. The paper is half green/half blue... so all I had to do was trim it to a square and I had my sky and grass!

Here's a close up of the card. You can see how the primitive house was stamped directly onto the card front and then stamped once again on cream paper (adhered with dimensional foam). I just cut a tiny heart and placed in on my door to emphasize the sentiment. Wouldn't this card be so cute tied onto a gift bag? :)


Stamps: (all by Cornish Heritage Farms)
- (house) Primitive Christmas (the Rummage Bin Line)
- ("live", "laugh", "love") Everyday Petites (Mona Lisa Moments Collection)

Cardstock:
- Suede Brown Dark Prismatic
- Core'dinations CS (used to cut out the tiny heart on the door)
- Simply Smooth Natural CS by Prism
Printed Paper:
- Sea Glass Weathered Wood by K & Company

Ink:
- Dark Brown fluid chalk ink by ColorBox

Accessories:
- twine

Tools:
- sewing machine & white thread

No comments :

Post a Comment

This site has been Tweaked and Designed by Sara Williams | Powered by Blogger | Back to Top
 
Pin It button on image hover