Admin Control Panel

Posts Change Layout Sign Out

Jan 10, 2008

Lovey Dovey Directions

I had a request to post directions for my CD holder, so here you go! :)

What you will need:

  • 1 (8.5 x 11) sheet of white card stock
  • 1 (12 x 12) sheet of patterned paper
  • 4 eyelets & eyelet setter (I used a Crop-a-dile)
  • ribbon
  • any stamps/embellishments that you would like to add

--------------------------------------

*white card stock*

  • cut 1/2 inch off of the short end (making your CS 8 x 11)
  • on the 8" side, make a score line 1.5" from the right and left sides (at 1.5" & 6.5")
  • on the 11" side, make a score line at 5" and 10"

---------------------------------------

*patterned paper*

  • cut (2) 5" squares
  • scraps for small inside flaps

---------------------------------------

  • Adhere one 5" square on front flap & one on inside flap (see picture below)
  • Using scraps of patterned paper, adhere to small inside flaps (the part that will surround the CD)
  • At this point, you can use a corner rounder or scissors to soften edges. (I used the edge of my CD as a pattern to trace some of the curves.)
  • Add eyelets to the front flap. Close flap and mark where holes should be punched on the inside lower flap. Add eyelets. Thread ribbon through inside flap.
  • Adhere small inside flaps to create a "pouch" for your CD. (Be careful when applying adhesive so that you don't close the pouch by accident!)
  • Decorate the front of your flap
  • Run ribbon through eyelets on front flap & tie.

The back of my CD holder is blank, but you could add another 5" square of patterned paper if you like. Your finished case will be 5" x 5" and will fit in a large square envelope!

I hope this made sense! I should have taken pictures as I went along! Let me know if you need more clarification!

No comments :

Post a Comment

This site has been Tweaked and Designed by Sara Williams | Powered by Blogger | Back to Top
 
Pin It button on image hover