Admin Control Panel

Posts Change Layout Sign Out

Jan 10, 2008

Floral Frenzy

This week's Blogger's Challenge was to create a card based off of the layout of THIS CARD in the new Stampin' Up! catalog.

Can I just say for the MILLIONTH time how much I love a "sketch" challenge? It just makes card making SO much easier. I made this card in about 15 minutes... just because I didn't have to come up with the layout.

I started by looking for patterned paper that I liked. Then I matched up several shades of card stock that coordinated and picked out stamps that I wanted to use.

The floral images are from Lizzie Anne Designs' Floral Frenzy set. I just love the design of these images -- and they take ink so well. I added color with Copic markers and dotted the centers of the flowers with Liquid Pearls.


Supplies:
Paper: My Minds Eye: Front Porch, Picket Fence Table Cloth
Card Stock: Pumpkin Pie; Cool Caribbean; Certainly Celery; Shimmery White (SU)
Stamps: Lizzie Anne (Floral Frenzy); sentiment by Papertrey Ink
Accessories: Liquid Pearls, Copics, Martha Stewart eyelet border punch; paper piercing tools; brown grosgrain ribbon; Ranger Distress Inks (for edges)

20 comments :

  1. These colors are fabulous. Love the flowers and the punched border on the bottom. Great job.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful card. Those colors are so warm and inviting. Great job Julie!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card! Love the colors and you did a great job coloring the flowers!

    Anita Van Hal
    http://www.anitastamps.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautiful card! That patterned CS is FABULOUS! {SMILES}

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great Card The colours are amazing!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those colors are just so cheery and happy - love it!
    Claudia

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oooh, I like the border a lot, so pretty, reminds me of an apron. Great colors too Julie, warm and fresh. This card is so springy!

    ReplyDelete
  8. OH MY WORD! this is just tooo fabulous. I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. So pretty Julie! I love the patterned paper that you chose because the colors are so bright and rich! Don't you love it when a card practically makes itself?

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great card, love the paper and colors you used on it. I'm glad it was quick for you, this layout for some reason was a real challenge for me!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great card, Julie. I love how bright and colorful and perfect it is!

    ReplyDelete
  12. The colors are great -- wonderful card!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Just beautiful! I love the rich colors!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Absolutely beautiful! The colors are gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Julie, This is so pretty. It's cheery and colorful & the punched border is a wonderful addition.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Super cute card. Love the colors you used!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love the vibrant colors you chose on this. Really cool.

    ReplyDelete

This site has been Tweaked and Designed by Sara Williams | Powered by Blogger | Back to Top
 
Pin It button on image hover