Admin Control Panel

Posts Change Layout Sign Out

Dec 20, 2007

Sandy Claws

One of my Mom's friends asked me to make a Christmas card for her to send out. The only request was that it had a "beach theme" -- because she was sending it to the family that rents a condo to her (on the beach) in the Summer.

I knew right away that I had to use Gina K's Sandy Claws!!! How perfect! One of my girls (Alli Miles) sent me a few images (Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!) to work with.

I used an oval Nestabilies die to cut and emboss the little lobster. Then, I used Copic markers and Spica pens to add color and sparkle. I FINALLY used my Copic Airbrush system and added a blue border (by using a smaller oval as a mask).
The water is from a scrap of printed paper that I've had in my stash. I just trimmed along one of the waves and... voila!

I hear she was really happy with the finished product. Yeah!!! :)

2 comments :

  1. Oh this is ADORABLE, Julie! I just LOVE it. The coloring is awesome, of course! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that little crab! Such a cute card!!

    ReplyDelete

This site has been Tweaked and Designed by Sara Williams | Powered by Blogger | Back to Top
 
Pin It button on image hover