Admin Control Panel

Posts Change Layout Sign Out

Dec 17, 2007

Add Some Dazzle For the Holidays!

Today's Technique Challenge on Splitcoaststampers was to "add some dazzle for the holidays". Using the "Dazzling Diamond Dust" technique, we were to glitter up our projects. You can find the tutorial HERE.



My friend - Julie Masse - sent me several of these amazing images from Papertrey Ink's 'Believe' set. I love the clean, simple lines! I colored my image with Copics, covered the entire piece with Versamark ink, and then added Iridescent Ice embossing powder. Instant bling!


I was SO excited to see a package in the mail for me today from Cornish Heritage Farms! So watch out! I'll be hitting you with lots of new projects made with Kim Hughes' images and some awesome CHF's backgrounds.

I used my new Pretty Pattern background on this card. Isn't it beautious!?! I stamped 3/4th's of a piece of shimmery white CS with the background and then added ribbon where the stamped/non-stamped areas met. Then I used a sponge and added soft green ink to the stamped area and the edges.




Supplies:
Stamps - Papertrey Ink: Believe; Cornish Heritage Farms: Pretty Pattern


Paper - Martha Stewart green stationary; Real Red, Shimmery White CS (SU)


Ink - Palette Hybrid: Viridian Leaf; Versamark


Accessories - Ticket Corner Punch (SU); Swarovski Crystals (http://www.paperpretties.net/); Copics; Nestabilities Dies; Dimensional foam dot; Wild Wasabi stitched ribbon; Iridescent Ice EP

7 comments :

  1. Very Pretty! So shiny!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card Julie!! Darn . . now you have me wishing I had chosen that backgrounder! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is beautiful Julie! And what gorgeous edges! Love that backgrounder there too! Can't wait to see your next designs!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cool card. I love the layout and how you punched the 3 sides.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the bling here, Julie, and Pretty Pattern is my new favorite background!

    ReplyDelete
  6. love
    love
    love
    everything
    about
    this card!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful, beautiful design! I love the edging, backgrounder, sparkle...everything!

    ReplyDelete

This site has been Tweaked and Designed by Sara Williams | Powered by Blogger | Back to Top
 
Pin It button on image hover