Admin Control Panel

Posts Change Layout Sign Out

Dec 4, 2007

Blue Bird

Don't you just love the Kim Hughes Collection at Cornish Heritage Farms? (If you don't know what I'm talking about... RUN to CHF and take a peek!) I only have a couple of her sets but find myself reaching for them all of the time! There is just something really sweet and youthful about her art. I can't describe it exactly. I just am drawn to it! And... I just heard that she is releasing several new sets next week. Hello! Can you say, "Merry Christmas to me!"?

This is another card I made during the birthday get-together for Lisa Strahl's 30th. The challenge was to use blue, brown, and cream on your card. I use to NEVER like blue... but now it's one of my favorite shades.

For the background, I used the paisley stamp along with a small floral image and stamped it repeatedly onto my blue CS. Then, I used my white gel pen and colored in sections of each paisley.

The oval cutout was made with my Nestability Die and embossed. The bird (isn't he just the cutest!?!) was colored with my Copic marker... and then I added Stickles glitter to his belly and wing (yeah... it doesn't show up in the pic). I just took a fine tipped marker and drew a border within the scalloped edge to make it pop a bit more.

Stamps: Pretty Birds; Cute Curls - CHF
Paper: Close to Cocoa, Bashful Blue, Confetti Cream
Accessories: We R Memory Keepers hardware, white gel pen, Tim Holtz distress ink in Tea Stain, Nestabilities Die, Copics, white gel pen, chocolate grosgrain

8 comments :

  1. Cute cute card! I love your coloring of the background in white - great idea! Saw your name on the "winner" list over at CHF - congrats!! What one did you pick??

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love, love,love this card. :)

    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  3. So cute! Love the blues and browns!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your blog...but every time I go to it...I forget about the music and I nearly jump out of my skin when it starts playing. Is there a way I can turn it off without turning down my sound? Sorry..it scares the daylights out of me every time. THANKS!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this card! That paper is awesome and I love that image. :) TFS!

    ReplyDelete

This site has been Tweaked and Designed by Sara Williams | Powered by Blogger | Back to Top
 
Pin It button on image hover