Admin Control Panel

Posts Change Layout Sign Out

Nov 13, 2007

Pomegranates Galore!

Today's Color Challenge on SCS was to use Purely Pomegranate, Kraft, and White. I had a request for some sympathy cards, so I went for it! (By the way, if anyone ever needs custom-made cards for any occasion, I am taking orders!)


This sketch came from Kim (from MFT's). I love the design and am going to try to remember to use it again sometime! The floral set is by Lizzie Anne Designs. I used a Copic marker to add "pomegranate" petals, and a white Prismacolor Pencil to add more color contrast.

The sentiment is from a set by Clearly Wordsworth (Rose Border) and can be found at Rubber Soul.Here is a view of what the card looks like when you open it.

I've never used acetate, but I had these new rub-ons by K&Co (Wild Saffron collection) that I really wanted to try out. I used a transparency sheet and adhered it over the polka-dot printed paper (from the same line).

The sentiment is also from Clearly Wordsworth (Heart Sing set)

And... lastly, here is a simple card made from stamps by Kim Hughes (found at Cornish Heritage Farms). The sentiment is by... yes, you guessed it! -- Clearly Wordsworth! (see a pattern here?) It's actually from a Christmas set. The original sentiment reads 'comfort and joy'... so I just inked up the part that I needed. The set is called 'Winter Wonderland'.

So what do you think? Too simple? Does it need something???

10 comments :

  1. I love the way you designed your top card - it's so unique. all great cards

    ReplyDelete
  2. All I can say is BEAUTIFUL! All your cards are great!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wouldn't change a thing. All of your cards are perfect!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Look at you all busy! I ADORE the card that just "swings" open but of course ALL of your work is fab.

    ReplyDelete
  5. All of these are perfect!! I love the fold of that first one. It reminds me of those "chef" doors where only the top opens!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your new posts are delightful! Love your choice of color. And the first card is exceptional. What a creative recipe...love the way it opens. Love them all.

    Thanks for adding me to your list of blog spots! I'm honored! You keep the bar of creativity high!

    Fabulous cards! Diane

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful cards, Julie! I especially love your Lizzie Anne card! Wonderful creations, as always!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love these. I like the last one...leave it alone! LOL! Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh I like what you did with the sketch! You are on a RED kick! LOL! Have you noticed?! Nice job on all of it.

    ReplyDelete
  10. These are beautiful! You did a great job with the colour challenge.

    ReplyDelete

This site has been Tweaked and Designed by Sara Williams | Powered by Blogger | Back to Top
 
Pin It button on image hover