Admin Control Panel

Posts Change Layout Sign Out

Nov 4, 2007

I Thank You Now

I think this saying is so true! I think I need to make a lot of these cards, because I can think of several people that I should send one to! I really wanted some pretty paper to pair this stamp with. This paper is from K&Co (Wild Saffron Collection). If you scroll through my blog, if you look closely, you'll see that I've used this paper a lot... but it is just SO beautiful! There isn't one page that I don't like!

The butterfly is an embellishment that is part of the same collection. It has so much dimension and is super sparkly! (By the way, I found this collection at Michaels!)

I used my new Nestabilities (from Paper Pretties) to create a scalloped "cut out" in my printed paper. Then I stamped the sentiment onto Shimmery White CS and cut and embossed a rectangle with another die. To create the curved edge, I took a bowl, traced it on one edge and trimmed. All of the edges are distressed with my Heidi Swap distressing tool and inked with Sahara Sand ink.

I "embossed" tiny circles onto the curved edge by pressing my paper in between my Crop-a-dile. I found out this little trick on a blog I recently discovered (KWernerDesigns). It's AWESOME! You should go take a peek!

I love this stamp by Rubber Soul! It's only one stamp, but it is created so that you can stamp your sentiment outside AND inside of your card. Just ink up the words you want to stamp and leave the other ones bare.

I added copper eyelets to the outside and inside of the card and added some saffron colored ribbon. I just am so happy with how this card turned out! Hope you like it too!

Stamp: Sometimes Stamp (Rubber Soul)

15 comments :

  1. Beautiful card Julie! Love the mix of shapes, really neat!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely card, the design and colours are just amazing together. I just love your style, Julie! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your card is so beautiful. I love that sentiment.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Really love the card and the sentiment is great. Beautiful job!

    ReplyDelete
  5. beautiful card!! love that sentiment and how true it is!! love the papers too!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a lovely card and the sentiment is so true. I think I need that sentiment to use on a few cards myself. Julie, thank you so much for all the detailed instructions on all of your cards. I always look forward to seeing your work.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This card is absolutely beautiful! I luv the sentiment!!! We do forget the ones that we care for the most! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ahh Julie this card is just so gorgeous! The design AND the sentiment. Great job, as always!!! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful card! Love the saying! Really like how you did this layout.

    Inky Hugs,
    Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is really,really beautiful.
    Don't you just LOVE Kristina's blog. I'm always oohing and aahing over her goregous creations.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your butterfly card is so beautiful, Julie!! I really love it!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Girl this card is BEAUTIFUL! I love all those details.

    ReplyDelete
  13. How lovely! I think I feel a stamp NEED coming on! (Great job! :-D)

    ReplyDelete

This site has been Tweaked and Designed by Sara Williams | Powered by Blogger | Back to Top
 
Pin It button on image hover