Admin Control Panel

Posts Change Layout Sign Out

Sep 12, 2007

Hoo's Up for a Challenge?

This was such an awesome tutorial by Beate to make a Criss-Cross card! And... today's Ways to Use It Challenge was to make a pocket card. I love it when I can combine challenges in one project!

I pulled out some fun products from
Rubber Soul and got to work! This fun green printed paper is part of my 8x8 paper pack called 'Meadow's Edge'. This paper pack is full of double sided sweet prints... and I love the size! I'm more of a card maker or small scrapbooker... so 8x8 is just right!

The sweet little owl is from Rubber Soul's Clearly Wordsworth set 'It's Your Day'. It's one of the brand new sets that you can find on their home page. You've got to check out their new holiday catalog. Their new sets are too cute! It's really easy to order now too! You can just fax, phone, or e-mail your order in... right from the Rubber Soul website.

For the band of my card, I wrapped a large piece of twill around a piece from my Hodgepodge Hardware kit. I just got these large eyelets from SU and LOVE them! I tried to mimic the look of the owl and made two eyelet 'eyes'. Do you see it too or is it just me? :)

I used Autumn Leave's Nature set for the card insert. I thought it went perfectly with the Rubber Soul paper! I love it when that happens! :)

By the way, Paper Pretties is clearing house, getting ready to even MORE great products. They have a big sale going on, with even more items being added to their 'SALE' category daily. All Autumn Leaves clear sets are discounted and you can get them SO cheap right now! You should go check it out!

4 comments :

  1. This is so pretty! And that owl is a HOOT! :) My Rubber Soul Stick People set arrived today, so I'm so excited to play! Thanks for letting me know where to find it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE the colours and the stamp on the inside of the card.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I totally see the owl eyes, and that PP is AWESOME! I love the look of the twill cut into crown points too...you are really rockin' the mojo on this one Julie!

    ReplyDelete

This site has been Tweaked and Designed by Sara Williams | Powered by Blogger | Back to Top
 
Pin It button on image hover