Admin Control Panel

Posts Change Layout Sign Out

Mar 12, 2009

Scattering Kindness

Today's WT Challenge from Splitcoast Stampers is "going green!". Those of you who read my blog regularly already know this.... but, I have two boys who love to play hard and wear holes in their jeans all the time! Instead of throwing them away, I've starting using their denim in my paper crafting projects. I know I've gotten a lot more mileage out of their pants than they ever did! LOL! On this card, I sewed a strip of the fabric directly onto my card front. (Their jeans aren't too heavy, so I've been able to use my regular needle without any problem.)

This sweet image is Elisabeth Bell's 'Scattering Love' from Sugar Nellie. (sentiment is called 'kindness' by Penny Black) I drew in the grass and colored the image with Copics.


The chipboard button is by Jenni Bowlin from her Farmer's Wife collection. I'm a country girl, so as soon as I saw this line, I knew I 'had' to have some of it!


SUPPLIES:
Stamps:
- Scattering Love by Elisabeth Bell for Sugar Nellie
- "...kindness..." sentiment by Penny Black
Ink:
- Tuxedo Black Memento inkpad (Tsukeneko)
- Walnut Stain Distress inkpad; Pesto Adirondack inkpad (Ranger)
Cardstock:
-Pure Poppy, Stamper's Select White (PTI)
- Buenos Aires (Bazzill Basics)
Patterned Paper:
- "Out on a Whim" Country Apron (Imaginisce)
Accessories:
- markers; black multi-liner (Copic)
- twine
- denim
- The Farmer's Wife Milk Caps Chipboard Button (Jenni Bowlin)
- Sewing Machine & white thread

7 comments :

  1. I love this, Julie, especially the strip of frayed denim! SO cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohhhhh, fabulous card. Love the denim trim and the image is really adorable. Your coloring and color combo is perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooh, just too cute! I love the design and the stamp is adorable. I wish I can color like you!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. she is soo cute!!love the colors

    ReplyDelete
  5. Julie, I normally just read your post through email but this card is too darn cute not to comment on it. Fabulous card!

    Nettie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Julie,
    Love your card. It is a bit of a different one for you, isn't it? Love how you put it together and incorporated the jeans and used different colours!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Julie,
    Your card is absolutely beautiful!! The coloring ir really great, and that message is such a strong and valuable message!!
    I've just dropped in to look around, and your blog is so peaceful, and it's such a pleasure to "visit" a sister in Jesus Christ. I'll be back soon!! Our God has blessed you with a wonderful talent!! PRAISE HIM!!
    Denise from OHio
    Phil4:13

    ReplyDelete

This site has been Tweaked and Designed by Sara Williams | Powered by Blogger | Back to Top
 
Pin It button on image hover