I stamped the eagle image (using Pitch Black Adirondack ink) onto an Avery transfer sheet (make sure that you get the correct type: for white fabric or for colors). Then... I CAREFULLY tapped on color using Copic markers. If you color as you normally would, the alcohol from the markers 'eats away' at the transfer sheet. (ask me how I know this! LOL!) After I ironed on the eagle - I used a Ranger white gel pen to color all of the white parts. (The poor eagle had turned pink after it was applied.)
I added some iron-on letters and an embroidered baseball to the sleeve.... and Voila! Custom T's! My boys love anything with their names on them... so I added that to the backs. I think Daddy liked the shirts almost as much as the boys did. :)



The boys are a lot cuter than the shirts but you did do a great job. Cindy B.
ReplyDeleteThose look great Julie! You should sell some at the games--you know, with all the free time you have!!;o) Mary P.
ReplyDeleteI always love your ideas and do love the eagle but your boys are darling and definitely overshadow the Eagle! Great work from Anne-Marie in rainy Oregon!
ReplyDeleteThese are great...and your boys are sooooo cute!
ReplyDeleteCharmaine
I LOVE MY FAMILY......DADDY EM
ReplyDeleteThose are soooooo cute! I LOVE stuff like this---if you find a great Tiger----let me know!
ReplyDeleteHi Julie
ReplyDeleteYour boys are SO handsome!!!
Fantastic ideas for the T-shirts!
Adorable boys, Julie, and those shirts are AWESOME! I have to know -- how does the Ranger white pen hold up to washing?
ReplyDelete