Admin Control Panel

Posts Change Layout Sign Out

Aug 7, 2007

Shoes & Friends.......

This is a card I made for Beate's Sketch Challenge this week. I love sketch challenges! It just makes things SO much easier when you have a few guidelines to go by. Basicly, you start with an 8 1/2 x 5 1/2 piece of cardstock. On the long end, score the CS at 5 1/2 and 8 1/8. You fold over the little flap and hold the fold with ribbon. I added half of a circle of velcro to the main flap to keep it from swinging open.

The garden boot is from Papertrey Ink's Green Thumb set. I think this is my all time favorite from them so far, but I haven't used it lately because I'm trying out all of the new stamps too. I started by stamping the entire boot in Groovy Guava and then using a Taken With Teal marker to color the bottom of the boot. The toe and top of boot are separate stamps, so adding color to them was easy. On another scrap of paper, I used various floral stamps from several Papertrey sets to make a bouquet. I layered the cut out boot over the flowers and adhered with dimensionals. I added stickles to the teal areas of the boot and to the flower centers. I added a little more fun shimmery with some clear gemstones on two of the corners of this layer.

For the front of the card, I punched out an oval (SU large oval punch) and stamped 'Shoes & Friends' in the center - and adhered it also with dimensionals. Then I used a white gel pen to add a dotted outline. I also dotted the small folded area.

The inside of the card says "You can never have too many!" (in case it doesn't show up in the pic) Don't you just love that guava polka dotted ribbon? I just got it from Jacksonbelle Embellishments (May Arts) and it's SO pretty!!!!

The stamp is by 'My Sentiments Exactly!' #K336-10

P.S. -- If you are interested in voting for me in the Craft Critique Celebrations contest, you only have until Thursday! (please see link on side bar) Thanks to everyone who has already voted. I REALLY appreciate it!!!


4 comments :

  1. That looks so cute! Thanks so much for trying out the sketch
    Hugs and smiles

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun card! Love the bold colors. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great card - love the sentiment!!
    TFS

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful colors and DP you chose.

    ReplyDelete

This site has been Tweaked and Designed by Sara Williams | Powered by Blogger | Back to Top
 
Pin It button on image hover