Admin Control Panel

Posts Change Layout Sign Out

Jul 28, 2007

Happy Birthday to You! You Live in a Zoo......


Do you remember singing this song as a kid? I tought it to my son a few weeks ago and he thought it was hilarious. We had to sing it about 1000 times. Kids! I love their simple innocence! This is a card I made as another 'double' challenge. I try to get the most done in the least amount of time... and before the kids start complaining. This is for another SCS Dare to Get Dirty challenge (by JeanneS) and also for Beate's Weekend Sketch Challenge.

Jeanne challenged us to use paper piecing in our project. I LOVE to paper piece, so I jumped on this one! It's so easy and fun! I used a few different sheets of Chatterbox (Scrapbook Walls) paper. It's double sided, so I just stamped the rhino once on the front and back of one sheet of paper and cut out all of the little pieces. Some of it is just glued back on, and some is raised with dimensionals. I also used a Copic marker to add some details and my Sakura Stardust pen to add glitter (inner ears, teeth, toe nails).
I paper pierced all over the card and used a SU marker to add the 'thread'.
Paper: Old Olive, Chocolate Chip, Buckaroo Blue, Chatterbox patterned paper
Stamps: Zoofari, Papertrey Ink - Paper Tray, Linen BG
Ink: Chocolate Chip, Sahara Sand (to distress edges and for Linen BG)
Accessories: Large Oval Punch, Label Punch, Prima Flowers, Brown Brads, Grosgrain Ribbon

7 comments :

  1. This is SOOOO cute! Love the colors you used, and that paper pieced rhino is adorable! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such a fabulous card! Love your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Julie, that's so dang cute! Thanks so much for trying out the sketch. Hugs and smiles

    ReplyDelete
  4. The rhino looks great here! I love this card!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is super cute! I love the patterned papers you used!!

    ReplyDelete

This site has been Tweaked and Designed by Sara Williams | Powered by Blogger | Back to Top
 
Pin It button on image hover