Admin Control Panel

Posts Change Layout Sign Out

Nov 15, 2014

Makers Gonna Make

We went from fall to winter overnight & although I dislike winter with a passion, I love the change in pace that it brings to our lives.  Cold weather makes me want to make.  It's like a fierce craving & I can't rest unless I give into it.  Of course, I love making things with paper, but while I'm waiting for my next kit to arrive, I love working with different mediums - like colorful fabrics, wool felt, and yarn.

If you follow me on Instagram you might have seen peeks of some projects I've been working on lately.  I have a new niece coming soon & I've been busy making things to fill her nursery.  (I'm making a few extras too that will be in a little pop up shop soon.)
These little dolls are very time consuming, but so fun to create.  I love their Mary Jane's and their sweet faces.  Their brother is pretty cute too, if I do say so myself.  :)  I'm addicted to buffalo plaid right now & thought he needed to have a trendy flannel in this print.
I'm also making a pack of dachshunds for my shop.  These are so soft & cuddly & I think they'll look adorable tucked in a little one's bed.
My sister's baby shower was a couple of weeks ago & I was frantically crocheting up to the last minute to get her baby blanket finished.  I think my fingers are still a little numb. ;)  I used a pattern from Very Pink to make this Granny Ripple blanket.  If you're interested in learning how to crochet, I highly recommend her site.  This was my first big crochet project & her video tutorials are so helpful!
 I also made her a couple of pillows to add to her nursery.  Her husband loves owls. :)
One of my favorite bloggers, Amanda Rydell, posted pictures of these adorable house pillows that she created.  I wasn't quick enough to snag one for myself, so I decided to make my own version.

I used stamps from a Studio Calico set as a template for my embroidery.
So, what about you?  Do you get the itch to craft when the weather turns cold?

No comments :

Post a Comment

This site has been Tweaked and Designed by Sara Williams | Powered by Blogger | Back to Top
 
Pin It button on image hover