Admin Control Panel

Posts Change Layout Sign Out

Dec 28, 2013

How to make a felty using metal craft dies

I love using my metal dies with paper, but what makes these tools so useful is their ability to cleanly cut through a variety of mediums.  I thought I'd share how easy it is to create a little felty like the one I used on my card below.
Using one of the dies from the new Copper Mountain card kit & a manual die cutter, I cut out two images from felt.  I like using a high quality felt, such as a wool blend & bamboo vs. cheap polyester. (Heather Bailey makes a nice variety of shades.)

I then placed the two shapes together & hand stitched them together, leaving a wide enough opening on one end to add a little stuffing.  I used the end of a paintbrush to gently push the stuffing inside & evenly distribute it.

After my whale was stuffed, I finished hand stitching & added a small googly eye.  

I secured my felty to my card front using hot glue.  And that's all there is to it!  Easy peasy!

5 comments :

  1. This is adorable! Love that little felt whale!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Eeee! This little puffy whale is adorable - I love this inspiration for making one-off embellishments ;)
    Thanks, and wishing you all the best for 2014! Rx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awww... This is too cute!!!

    http://happinessiscreating.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awwww using the whale is such a cute idea!!!

    ReplyDelete

This site has been Tweaked and Designed by Sara Williams | Powered by Blogger | Back to Top
 
Pin It button on image hover