Admin Control Panel

Posts Change Layout Sign Out

Oct 4, 2013

Studio Calico October Projects {Antiquary}

October is my favorite month of the year.  I wish autumn could last 6 months, but it always seems to go by way too quickly.  I think Studio Calico captured the season beautifully in their kit selections this month.  The fall colors and patterns are just gorgeous!

This is one of those "sit back & enjoy a cup of coffee" kind of posts with a lot of photos & information.  I hope you enjoy taking a peek at my projects using this month's kits.  Let me introduce you to Antiquary:
I made a record number of cards using this month's kits... and I still have a million ideas that I ran out of time to put down on paper.  The card kit & card add-on stamp sets were really versatile & I used the coordinating die sets on many of my projects.  The dies just make things so easy & are a huge time saver!
Here's a card I made using just the card kit:
 I placed the new Harvest Moon metal die over very thick letterpress paper & loved the results! It doesn't cut all the way through, allowing the outline of the die to emboss deeply into the paper.
I love the bold color that the Zing embossing powders give to stamped images!
I used the coordinating metal dies to cut out the pear & apple, making the card below a quick & easy project.
This paper from Vienna is just too cute! It made for a quick & easy card because the layered paper looks adorable all on its own.
 
I die cut an apple using the Harvest Moon metal dies that coordinate with the stamps from the card kit.
The pencil & sentiment are both from Dublin (the PL add-on) & I paper pieced a bit to add in some color.

 This is another card made entirely from the card kit:
I had some scraps of letterpress paper left over from a previous project & used it along with the Harvest Moon metal dies. The cotton letterpress paper takes ink perfectly & I love the beautiful dimension & softness it gives to a project.
I cut strips of the gold & cream paper (one strip cut on the horizontal & one on the vertical) & placed them together to create a new pattern.

This is a card I made with the stamps from the Athens card add-on kit & the new Boxwood dies:
 I die cut each shape from watercolor paper & stamped them with VersaFine ink. (This ink will not bleed when used with watercolors.)

The polkadot paper is punched from the WRMK 3x4 die.
I used the new Hey Diddle Diddle mist on the grid background paper for some added interest.
I combined several pieces from the new Studio Calico Printshop line on this card. The clever phrase strips from the Scrapbook kit are just adorable!

 I made my own tag from patterned paper & used the number "0" stamp from Amsterdam to finish the look.
The new Boxwood Gardens metal dies coordinate with the Athens (Card Kit add-on) & I used it to quickly & easily die dut the kraft frame. (I used one of the kraft bags that the kits are packed in for this.)
 I wanted to create a card that could be quickly customized for my recipient. The date stamp from this month's PL kit is perfect for cards like these! Just circle the date & you're good to go.
I heat embossed the date with Mustard Zing & added bits & pieces of stickers & embellishments to finish up my card.

 The chalkboard paper & the transparent ampersands are from Amsterdam. Say that 10x's fast!  (This box comes packed with so many adorable vellum die cuts!)
 This card combines so many of my favorite products from the kits this month!
I used the pencil stamp from Dublin to dress up my patterned paper. I used my WRMK 3x4 punch to create a window in my paper & used enamel dots to cover up the additional holes.
 The chalkboard paper is from the Amsterdam add-on & I loved how it looked paired with the new Printshop Thickers found in Amsterdam. To add a bit of color, I used a Copic marker over the letters.

And, I can't forget to mention those adorable Printshop wood veneer stars that are also from the Dublin kit.
 This card started out as a plain panel of paper (part of a sheet form the Antiquary scrapbooking kit) & I added lots of little pieces to dress it up.
 I used my craft knife to slice through the top of the banners & slid the geotag alpha stickers in place, hand-stitching to secure.

I also stitched the cool camera paper clip down & added neon mist to one of the mini clothespins to coordinate.
The camera paper got jazzed up a bit with added silver glittery enamel dots.
The "birthday" stamp is from the card kit & I used my typewriter to finish out the sentiment.
 This is my tribute card to Ryan Gosling. :)
 I combined the new Printshop thickers (found in Amsterdam) with the "girl" badge from the main kit.

The beautiful grey floral is from the scrapbooking kit, but a smaller print is also found in the card kit. The cute scalloped paper is from the Athens add-on.
I've been dying to try out my new Silhouette stamp material & when I saw this adorable teepee digital image in the shop this month, I knew I had found the perfect shape! 

 I used the "You Are Missed" stamp from Athens to create the stamped portion of my sentiment, cutting apart the stamp into separate words.

Whoo!  Did you make it all the way through?  :)

Make sure to take a closer look at all of this month's kits (which are still available!) at Studio Calico.

No comments :

Post a Comment

This site has been Tweaked and Designed by Sara Williams | Powered by Blogger | Back to Top
 
Pin It button on image hover