Admin Control Panel

Posts Change Layout Sign Out

May 1, 2012

Studio Calico & Two Peas... What a Perfect Pair!

It's no secret that I have a big crafty crush on Studio Calico.  I love their trendy style & have subscribed to their kit club for quite some time.  So... when I recently spied some exclusive Studio Calico goodness at Two Peas, my heart just might have skipped a beat or two!  (I'll share a bit more of that in a bit.)

This is a card I made with some of my favorite Studio Calico products - wood veneer & stamps.  Ever since SC paired up with Hero Arts, my stamp crush elevated to something that some might consider stalker-like.  Yes it's true.  I might need therapy.  I just can't resist their trendy images & clever sentiments.  Sigh....

Click here for more information & products used for this card.


Wood veneer just rocks my socks.  I love the instant texture it adds to any project.  You can use it as is, or you can pretty them up with mists, paints, & even washi tape.  (Of course, there are a million other ways you can dress them up, but I'll try to keep this post concise.)

I stamped the sentiment onto a chipboard sticker.  I'm pretty sure this stamp was made for these wood veneer houses.  They make a fine pair.



So... back to some of the new fun things found at Two Peas.


Maggie Holmes has a new workshop available called Pieces of Me.  Here is the class description:

Pieces of Me
Create a unique mini album designed to capture what YOU are all about. The album will be full of pockets, envelopes and bags -- places for you to collect and save little pieces of life that are descriptive of you. Think of those to-do lists, receipts, tickets, tags and the like that capture a snapshot of you and your life. What is a mini album without photos? Take some time to turn the camera on yourself, your environment and the little things that make you tick. Once your project is complete, you will be full of ideas and inspiration that will leave you itching to make a similar book for all of your loved ones. No matter how many Pieces of Me albums you create, they will be unique, interesting, and fun keepsakes you will cherish for years to come!
Exclusive Workshop taught by Maggie Holmes in an unique partnership between Studio Calico and Two Peas in a Bucket.

This workshop will be available for download on June 1st. The lessons, which will include videos, PDFs, samples and contributor projects, will be available for you to work at your own pace and can be accessed in the "Workshops" section under "Classes & Events." A private message board forum will also be available to ask questions for Maggie and to connect with other participants. Enjoy! 

I've taken one of Maggie's classes before & LOVE her style!  I think this class is going to be a blast!

**Limited Time Offer** Sign up for Pieces of Me by May 7 and receive exclusive access to Garden Girl Lisa Truesdell’s Pieces of Me album + step-by-step instructions. This will be available on June 1st when the workshop is available for download.

Lisa is one of my all-time favorite designers & you won't want to miss what she has in store!



One of the really cool things about this class is the available corresponding class kit that you can purchase.  It's full of such fun bits & pieces & it literally makes my mouth water.  Here is a description of the kit:


Pieces of Me Workshop Class Kit is the perfect partner to follow along with Maggie and is available here in the Two Peas store. These are the products that Maggie and her contributors use to create their projects. Purchase now to receive before the Workshop starts on June 1st. 


Another SUPER fun discovery was this brand-new exclusive Studio Calico stamp set for Two Peas.  The set is called Oh Happy Day & is on the very top of my wish list!  The chevron photo frame just oozes trendiness & the entire set is PERFECT for Project Life.

Studio Calico has a new mid-release called Hey Day & a few of the pieces have trickled into the Two Peas shop.  One of my favorites are these mistable camera icons.  (They're fabric Thicker shapes.)  I got a sneak peek at the new Hey Day collection last week when I toured the American Crafts headquarters & I have to say - I think you're going to love it!  There are much more fun goodies to come!

So, there you have it! - a little taste into my Studio Calico obsession.  :)




4 comments :

  1. What a fantastic design! The sentiment is perfect and I love the veneers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OHHHHH! I love your card--great papers and sentiment! FUN x10! LOVE those little cameras from Studio Calico!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I Love your photos, your BLOG is amazing!
    Thank you for the inspiration...

    Lots of LOVE
    Jacqueline ♡

    http://jacquelineswhitehome.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fantastic design! The sentiment is perfect and I love the veneers..
    Thank you for sharing..

    ReplyDelete

This site has been Tweaked and Designed by Sara Williams | Powered by Blogger | Back to Top
 
Pin It button on image hover