Admin Control Panel

Posts Change Layout Sign Out

Feb 13, 2010

Homemade Felt Embellies!

Hey guys! Today's PTI challenge was to create your own floral embellishments! I've been dying to try my hand at making my own felt embellies. Anything felt is HOT right now in the crafting industry... but to be honest, the embellishments you can buy are pretty expensive.

I found some GREAT felt by Heather Bailey a few weeks ago. It comes in tons of great shades & is a blend of bamboo & wool... making it super soft! And... it's SO easy to cut with your favorite dies! I used a floral Cuttlebug die set to create all of the embellishments below. Then.... I just adhered them with a glue dot to a clear transparency sheet and topped them with some cute paper - perfect for creating a little gift for one of your crafty friends. :)

Tomorrow, I'll be posting a card I made using one of the fun felt embellishments I created AND I'll be giving you a sneak peek at one of the newest Ippity sets (by Unity) that is soon to be released! You won't want to miss it! :)

10 comments :

  1. So sweet! Creative and money-saving (After buying the Cuttlebug and all the dies, of course!) :-) Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great job with this challenge! How did you cut out the felt pieces?

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great idea for a *little something* gift! I will borrow this idea!
    ~ky

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello! Thanks for visiting my blog! I used gluedots, however I don't know if they will be easy to get off because they are supposed to be permanent...hahaha. However I think you can buy non-permanent gluedots which would be ideal.

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are adorable! I didn't realize the Cuttlebug could cut felt. I use mine mostly for embossing. Thanks for the tip!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Julie, these are so cute. Great idea! Mary

    ReplyDelete
  7. Who would ever need to buy felt embellies again? These are amazing!!

    ReplyDelete

This site has been Tweaked and Designed by Sara Williams | Powered by Blogger | Back to Top
 
Pin It button on image hover