Admin Control Panel

Posts Change Layout Sign Out

Dec 10, 2009

Busy, Busy, Busy!

Oh man! I can't believe I haven't posted anything for a week! Yikes! Life's just been busy! I've been working on making some Christmas gifts too & thought I'd show you some of what I've been up to.

First up... let me show you this little tag I made to coordinate with my goodies. :) I LOVE this "Handmade By" stamp from the November Kit of the Month by Unity. Fun stuff!


So... here is the first bag I made (I have several more on the drawing board). I wish I knew how to photograph large items better, because this is SO cute in person! I made this tote bag with some nice, heavy dark brown corduroy & lined it with some fresh & funky fabric from Joel Dewberry (Ginseng in Rust). I've never made a bag before, but now that I've done it... I just want to make more and more of them! They're not very difficult & I'm hoping my recipients will like them just as much as I do. :) It's hard to tell in the pic.... but this bag is nice & BIG! (They're about 2 feet wide and 1 foot tall... with tons of room in the inside too!) There are several teachers in my family & I thought they could use these to drag all of their books & papers back & forth.


Here's a pic of the lining of the bag. Love that fabric! :)


I made my own custom fabric covered buttons and added an elastic loop to keep it closed. I learned how to make these fabric flowers from Courtney Baker's blog (she has a great video tutorial!) -- so now I'm putting them on everything! LOL! I added some aqua ribbon "leaves" that peek behind the bloom.

Here's a peek of the pocket looking down from the top. I gathered some ribbon to make a decorative edge on the top & lined the pocket with some of the rust colored print.


Here's a little pouch that I made to coordinate with the bag. It's super simple... just one piece of fabric & a zipper. --- 5 minutes and you're done!

Thanks for checking out my project! Have a great one! :)

32 comments :

  1. Julie - that bag is AMAZING! I love it. And that flower is perfect! Thanks for the shout out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ABSOLUTELY FABULOUS Julie!!!!
    What a great bag....LUCKY people who are getting your sweet handcrafted gifts :)
    GREAT little tag too - love that!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ok, you need to start selling these-I want one JUST like this! Exactly! You just name your price and I'm serious! This is GORGEOUS and that Unity tag is the PERFECT tag for the bag! Seriously this is the CUTEST-i am in awe of you, Julie!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. OH MY!! You make me want to take sewing classes. I LOVE your bag! I wish I was the recipient!

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW, Julie! this is a GORGEOUS bag! i love the brown/coral combo, and that tag is the perfect little accent. what a WONDERFUL gift for someone!

    ReplyDelete
  6. wow! I want one, the colors are perfect, how could they not LOVE it. great work and oh, your tage is darling too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Super cute! When are you going to sell them in your ETSY store? Great way to use those Unity Stamps too!:)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful bag!! Love the colors in the fabric!! Your tags are perfect!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow Julie! What a fantastic bag! I sooo want one! Your tag is perfect with the bag for a gift! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Julie this bag is TOO CUTE! I want one too ;) (and your little tag finishes it off perfectlt :D...)

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a FABULOUS bag!!! I love it!! TFS!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Juile your tag is too cute great job the bag too!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Someone is going to be so lucky to get that bag!! My goodness did you put a lot of work into that!! I love it! The tag is the perfect touch too!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh my---I love that purse and the tag that goes with it! YOU ROCK:) ROCK ROCK ROCK!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. OMG!!!!! Your bag is fantastic!!! I am about to sew one, too, but your is just adorable!! And your tag is just perfect!!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow! It doesn't look as though it's your first time. It's beautiful and the colours you used are perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Awesome bag!! Love it and the lining fabric is just adorable! Your gift recipients are going to be VERY happy with these!

    ReplyDelete
  18. What a beautiful tote and tag! Lucky recipients!

    ReplyDelete
  19. The tag is great but the bag unbelievable.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Fabulous! I sew too and have made a few bags...mostly out of army uniforms...Did you have a pattern? I can tell you are a great seamstress!...it looks very professional with great attention to detail...

    One tip I have for bags is to put plastic canvas panels in the front back and sides. Cut each piece slightly inside seam allowance and place between the the bag and the lining as you sew...it really gives it some reinforcement and can be washed still as long as it's gentle cycle..hang dry of course.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Awesome Julie. The bag is great and I'm sure all of your recipients will love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  22. wow that is great!! I would love be able to make a bag like that for my daughter! but I only sew on paper!!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Julie! That is SUCH a great bag! I can see why you want to make more. Adorable!!! I have made bags as gifts before and it was so fun to customize the fabric for the recipient. Good feedback from all who recieved them. I am sure your loved ones are going to LOVE these! -tania

    ReplyDelete
  24. Wow! Amazing bag and matching tag.

    ReplyDelete
  25. that is fantastic! what wonderful details and your sewing is superb!

    ReplyDelete
  26. That bag is amazing! Who wouldn't love to receive it! Really love the tag you made for it, too.

    ReplyDelete
  27. This is absolutely darling --EVERYthing about it! I have no doubt that your recipients are going to love these, but they may think they're much too pretty to use! ;) Can you share where you found the pattern or at least give us the name of it? I'd love to work on something like this for NEXT year's Christmas gifts. tfs

    ReplyDelete
  28. Julie, I'm inspired by not only your bag, but your blog! I LOVE the devotion to our good Lord! You definitely have blessed me! Just proof that your represent Unity Stamp Company perfectly!!!

    ReplyDelete
  29. Love, love, love the bag!! I need to get back to sewing!LOL My hubby bought me a brand new sewing machine this past summer after our puppy lab, Holly, chewed up my cord. I need to start using it!
    Love your lil' tags, they are adorable!!!

    ReplyDelete

This site has been Tweaked and Designed by Sara Williams | Powered by Blogger | Back to Top
 
Pin It button on image hover