Admin Control Panel

Posts Change Layout Sign Out

Dec 14, 2009

American Jane Bags

As promised, here are a couple more bags I've made & can be found in my Etsy shop if interested. :)

I call this bag the American Jane tote. This is a BIG tote made out of dark denim & a fun yellow floral print. I think this would be a great bag for someone who likes things with a little vintage flair. The yellow fabric is so fun and chalked full of personality! :) There is a big pocket on the inside of the bag, as well as on the front. I added a ruffle of coordinating fabric to the pocket for a touch of whimsy... and made a cute denim flower embellishment to go along with it. This bag measures 25" across & is 13" tall (not including the handles).


Here's a close-up of the pocket:


And here is a view of the inside of the bag:

Here's a picture of the American Jane Tote along with her "sister" bag, Little Janey:

The Little Janey bag might be small compared to her "big sis"... but it's actually a nice "purse" size. This bag measures 15" across and is 8.5" tall, so there's plenty of room for the necessities. The Little Janey bag comes with a coordinating zip pouch (5" x 8") and is great for keeping smaller items in their place.

The Little Janey bag is also embellished with a denim flower & has a magnetic snap closure.

And... here's Little Janey's insides (sounds gross... but it's actually pretty cute). ;)

Anywhoo... thanks for checking out my new bags! I have several pieces of new fabric coming my way, so you'll be seeing more bags pop up soon!

And... for those of you who've asked me for a pattern - I don't actually have anything written. I just did a Google search for bag patterns and looked at how other people put things together. Then, I just cut things to the size I wanted and added parts and pieces here and there. If you're wanting to make your own bags, I'm sure there are some great resources out there! Sorry that I can't be of more help.

3 comments :

  1. Julie,
    Your bags are stunning. I should get back into sewing, but......I think I'll just enjoy yours.

    ReplyDelete
  2. YAY!!!! I am so excited to see you're going to sell some of these! I got my bag in the mail today, and it is GORGEOUS!!! Thank you so much for selling it to me! You are really talented, Julie! I will be telling my friends :)

    I will keep up w/ your etsy shop cuz something tells me I'll be ordering another one soon!!!

    ReplyDelete

This site has been Tweaked and Designed by Sara Williams | Powered by Blogger | Back to Top
 
Pin It button on image hover