Admin Control Panel

Posts Change Layout Sign Out

Nov 17, 2009

Unity Tuesday

Hey there! I have a couple of projects to share with you today using some of my yummy Unity stamps! I had several of these wooden blocks left over from a project waaaaaay back and thought it would be fun to decoupage them to create something cute for my house. The letters I used are stamps from Unity's Playing Cards Alpha set. If you look at the set, you'll notice that they have a border around each letter (which I love... but wouldn't fit on my blocks) --- so, I just inked up the letters by themselves. I love how they all have a different font. It makes for an interesting, homespun feel. I used several scraps of Early Bird paper and stickers... and then inked the edges & finished it with a coat of Modge Podge.

And... here is a fun little turkey card I made using the Build a Turkey set. I just stamped the feathers onto scraps of paper (mostly Cosmo Cricket) and cut them out. It made for a super quick card. The sentiment is from the set too. I know some of you flip out when you see 'Happy Turkey Day'... thinking that we've forgotten to be thankful... yada yada yada. But... if you read my blog, you know I am completely thankful for so many things in life. And, for those of you who can't believe that someone would mind the sentiment... I am just telling you the way it is. Some people take serious offense to the turkey line. I'm not even kidding! :) Personally, I'm thankful for the turkey and everything that it stands for... so I'm all for having a Happy Turkey Day. Moving on... the 'gobble... gobble' at the top of my card is a rub-on from Melissa Frances. I'm pretty sure that sentiment is safe ;)

Thanks for coming for a visit! :)

11 comments :

  1. Love your blocks and the turkey card is adorable! People can be so funny, can't they! I'm thankful for the turkey and for so many things as well--and I hope you have a Happy Turkey Day! Next week we're gonna have to stop stamping the turkeys and start cooking them, right?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love altering blocks - I'm actually making some for my grandson for xmas this year using his the letters to his name. The turkey is SUPER cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Julie your "country" looking projects just make me happy! I always love the unique ways you put your personal touch into things!!

    Great projects!! TFS!! XO

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your blocks are so cute and the turkey turned out adorable as usual! :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. i just love those blocks!!! i have a set and just haven't decided what to do and since unity and cc are my favy's too-i'm definitely going to be working on it this weekend-so thanks for the inspiration :)

    GREAT TURKEY! he is just too cute!

    xoxo
    sarabeth

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the blocks and the card. I need to remember your great idea for stamping the feathers on printed paper - saves alot of coloring time and looks super.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Too cute! love the turkey and your HOME blocks - thanks for sharing with us :D

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love those! Really. I especially love the different letter sizes of the stamps. So cute!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love your projects!
    The Turkey is one of my favorites!
    Sandra

    ReplyDelete
  10. These are both so cute! I love that turkey!

    ReplyDelete
  11. The blocks are so cute, and your turkey cracks me up!

    ReplyDelete

This site has been Tweaked and Designed by Sara Williams | Powered by Blogger | Back to Top
 
Pin It button on image hover