Admin Control Panel

Posts Change Layout Sign Out

Nov 14, 2009

I've Gone Plum Crazy!!!

If someone would have told me six months ago that I was going to fall in love with the color purple, I would have probably thrown up a little in my mouth. (Sorry, but it's true. Hated the color.) I don't know what happened, but I have to say --- there are certain shades of the color that I can't get enough of. That yummy, hint-of-red beet color is EVERYWHERE these days. I had to compliment Freda, the 90 year old lady at church, because she had the perfect shade on last week. She's still got it, I tell you! (Maybe it's because she's got a crush on my 30 year old brother and wants to stay on top of the fads. I don't know.)

Anyway... this month's Moxie Fab Challenge was to use this popular color on our paper crafted projects. If you're coming to my local card class this month, this is one of the projects you'll be making, btw! :) I love the unconventional colors for Christmas. Fun stuff! Thanks for the little push, Cath!

The snowflake was an ugly chipboard gray color initially. But... with a little ink and Glitter Mist... it turned into a vibrant, shimmery focal point. The ribbon and cardstock are 'Beet' from the Paper Source and the patterned paper is an older Stampin' Up design.

8 comments :

  1. Beautiful card - the remake on the snowflake is great. Love the non-traditional colors.

    ReplyDelete
  2. fabulous! love that green with the plum!! so fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love...love, love, love this! Did I tell you how much I loved this? FABULOUS job!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the non-traditional colors for Christmas! Very cool! Great job with the Plum Crazy challenge!

    ~Lea

    ReplyDelete
  5. So pretty! I love the snowflake! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey Julie! Thanks for entering the Plum Crazy! challenge in the Moxie Fab World! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love this card!! It is so bright and fun! That beet color from Paper Source is the best!

    ReplyDelete

This site has been Tweaked and Designed by Sara Williams | Powered by Blogger | Back to Top
 
Pin It button on image hover