Admin Control Panel

Posts Change Layout Sign Out

Feb 16, 2009

1 of a Kind

I just couldn't resist this cute paper by Sassafras Lass! I love the expression of the little creatures... and the one lowly blue bird who stands out among the crowd. I really wanted to dress up this unique little guy to make him stand out even more. I've had these fun googly eyes that I bought at my local craft store and was super excited that they fit perfectly! Then, I punched a small hole and slid a tiny blue feather in place.
I wanted to make a cool sentiment that really popped. So... I grabbed one of the 1 - 1/2" wooden discs that I had left over from one of my craft classes and inked the edges. Then, I topped it with a scrap of blue patterned paper. The #1 comes from Kim Hughes'
Number Fun set. I stamped the words "one of a" using Papertrey Ink's Simple Alphabet.


I just had to show you a close up of this little guy. Isn't he just THE cutest! LOL!


SUPPLIES:
Stamps:
- Simple Alphabet (Papertrey Ink)
- Number Fun; Playful Alphabet (the Kim Hughes line by Cornish Heritage Farms)

Ink:
- Dark Brown ColorBox Chalk inkpad by ClearSnap

Cardstock:
- Suede Brown Dark (Prism)
- Jack O Lantern (Memory Box)

Printed Paper:
- Filagree: Paper Potpourri Swimming Pool Boutique Assortment (Doodlebug Design Inc.)
- Wednesday: (back side) Girl Friday (Cosmo Cricket)
- Chirp Chirp: Serendipity Hog Heaven (Sassafras Lass)

Accessories:
- 1.5" wooden disc (craft supply)
- blue feather (craft supply)
- googly eyes (craft supply)
- Threading Water punch (Fiskars)
- Turquoise marker (Copic)

12 comments :

  1. What a fabulous card. Love what you have done to that little guy. I would never have thought to do something like that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohh, this is darling!! And it all coordinates so nicely, too!

    By the way, LOVE your blog template! Your little birdie at the bottom of your posts is adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What an awesome card Julie! You do such beautiful work. I am just enjoying your blog so much. Keep up the beautiful inspirational work.

    Stamping hugs.

    Pegi Taylor aka BellaWillow

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is ADORABLE, Julie! I LOVE the little feathers!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Way too cute Julie. Great job.

    I have to say that I also ADORE the cute little birdie at the bottom of all of your posts. I want him!!!!!

    Luv Sandie (Australia)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my goodness this is so stinking cute Julie!
    Laura

    ReplyDelete
  7. Loved it!! Thanx for all idéas and inspiration!! Be blessed! :D

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is really too cute your card rocks.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love your card, it's great! I love the way you've picked out the detail, it's fab and fun!!

    ReplyDelete

This site has been Tweaked and Designed by Sara Williams | Powered by Blogger | Back to Top
 
Pin It button on image hover