Admin Control Panel

Posts Change Layout Sign Out

Oct 27, 2008

Faux Snow Snowflake

Happy Monday! (I'm trying to perk myself up.) :) I'm actually writing this late Sunday night and scheduling this post for the morning... so the thought of heading back to work is not too thrilling! :) But.... one thing I DO love about Mondays is our weekly CHF Chick's Challenge! This week, we're getting to play with Faux Snow by The Art Institute!

If you've never used this product, make sure to take a look at all of the designer's projects to find out more about it. Faux Snow is the new Product Spotlight for this week at CHF - so I hope you try some out for yourself! :)

Links for more ideas:
Dawn Lusk
Jennifer Roach
Julia Stainton
Lesley Langdon
Kristine Reynolds
Michele Boyer

I really like how this card turned out. It was soooo simple - and I finally got to break in some of my crackle paint. I love how Ranger makes so many products in coordinating colors! (I used the Broken China Distress inkpad to stamp my Writing Paper background to match my snowflake.)
I painted my snowflake with Broken China crackle paint and added the 'snow' to the top while it was still wet. It acts like glue and holds it in place nicely when it's dry. Smile I also added a rub-on to the button to give it a little punch.

And... here's a close-up of my snowflake. I wanted you to see how light and chunky this Faux Snow is. I think it looks like a decorated sugar cookie! Yum! :)


Stamps: (all by Cornish Heritage Farms)
- Christmas Critters (the Kim Hughes Line)
- Writing Paper Scrapblocks TM

Ink:
- Onyx Black Versafine Inkpad by Ranger
- Broken China Distress Inkpad by Ranger

Cardstock:
- Black, Natural Smooth CS by Prism

Printed Paper:
- Good Cheer: Sleigh Bells by October Afternoon

Accessories:
- Holiday Ornaments Undressed Chipboard by Basic Grey
- Broken China Distress Crackle paint by Ranger
- Button by Basic Grey
- Faux Snow by The Art Institute (www.cornishheritagefarms.com)
- Melissa Frances Vintage Transfers by Heart & Home Collectibles (rub-on for button)
- White Waxy Flax by Scrapworks (on button)
- Ribbon by Michaels
- Photo Corners by Heidi Swapp)
- Red Copic marker (to add color to holly berries)

5 comments :

  1. I have some of that faux snow but I like what you did better than the one thing I've made thus far. Great idea with the snowflake! Have a super Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love how this turned out Julie!! clever YOU!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This card is great Julie. I LOVE what you did with the snow (and adding that technique to my mental to do list). Also, thanks for enabling me on that October Afternoon paper....I NEED IT!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This card is so cute and I love the snowflake! These colors are great together. Usually I have my own music playing, but I listened to yours today, and it is very nice! Thanks for sharing your art and your love of God!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh This is `beautiful` Julie..and
    `Happy Belated` B`day to you!!!
    Have a lovely Evening:)~X~

    ReplyDelete

This site has been Tweaked and Designed by Sara Williams | Powered by Blogger | Back to Top
 
Pin It button on image hover