Admin Control Panel

Posts Change Layout Sign Out

Aug 14, 2008

I LOVE Thursdays :)

Today was a great day. :) My husband is a teacher and school started today. My oldest son transferred schools and is now going to the elementary that's right next to where my DH teaches... so they get to ride to school together. I was a little nervous about how my son would do with all of the changes... but as you can see by his smile - I think he was excited about it all. The little guy wanted to be in the picture too (he's making some kind of silly monkey face). He's starting preschool and had to be in the 'first day of school photo'. So... the house was nice and quiet and I finally had some time to myself. Ahhh! I haven't had a quiet house since May.


I was really anxious to break into my new Thomas Kinkade paper after seeing so many awesome samples by some of the other CHF DT members. I just LOVE it because it looks just like you spent hours coloring a TK stamp... when in reality, it's just paper! At CHA, customers kept ooh'ing and ahh'ing at the card samples saying how wonderfully colored the images were. Their eyes bulged out when I told them that they weren't stamped/colored at all! It was just part of the paper pack! They would pick up the card and stare at it in disbelief. LOL!

I had a plain blue gift bag that I thought would coordinate really well with some of the winter pack and wanted to try it out for myself.


I added a little fiber and satin ribbon to the top of my bag, mounted it onto shimmery golden paper, and added a little glitter to the snow (I loved how Dawn Lusk's samples turned out using this glittery idea!). The bag and the card took me about 15 minutes to complete. I'm sure it would take even less the next time! Lisa Strahl said I needed an Easy Button. ;)

For the card, I stamped a sentiment, inked the edges just a bit, and sewed it all together. Oh! And I added more glitter to match the bag. EASY! :)


Stamps:
- We Wish You a Merry Christmas (Thomas Kinkade line) by Cornish Heritage Farms

Ink:
- Pitch Black Adirondack (for card's sentiment)
- Antique Linen Distress Inkpad by Ranger

Paper:
- Thomas Kinkade Christmas Series Paper Pack by CHF

CardStock:
- Nautical Blue Medium, Ice Gold by Prism

Accessories:
- Gift Bag
- Martha Stewart clear glitter

Tools:
- sewing machine & white thread

3 comments :

  1. Wow! Your entire family is gorgeous, Julie! Such cute, cute boys! (And the big one's not hard on the eyes, either! ;) ) I was one of those at CHA who thought the cards made with TK paper was stamped! LOL! I can't wait to get mine -- love the gift bag idea, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. nice group of guys you have at your house, and a quiet house is nice too! Our house is empty nest again and I am lookingforward to some stamp time... love the TK stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just love anything that has Thomas Kinkade artwork in it. You did a great job with the paper.

    ReplyDelete

This site has been Tweaked and Designed by Sara Williams | Powered by Blogger | Back to Top
 
Pin It button on image hover