Admin Control Panel

Posts Change Layout Sign Out

Jun 5, 2008

Kim Hughes Blitz Day 1:

Today is the official first day of the Kim Hughes Blitz going on right now on the farm. We're having live chats... hosting challenges each day... and giving away FREE Kim Hughes sets as prizes!!! Make sure to visit the forum each day to see everything that's going on!!! The gallery is exploding with new cards and projects!!

Also... Kim's new sets were released today! (Don't forget about the free shipping offer for orders over $35!)
- Baby Love
-Paradise Found

This is a card that I made for the KH limited supplies challenge going on today:



The main image was stamped with Versamark and heat embossed with clear EP. I sponged chalk ink over the entire piece and then gently wiped off the ink over the embossed area. The patterned paper really pops!

The orange BG was also inked and embossed. I used a white gel pen to add details.

I couldn't find a real baby diaper pen, so I used a regular safety pin and heat embossed the top with chocolate brownie scented EP. (YUM!)

Supplies:
Stamps:
- Baby Love (the Kim Hughes Collection) by Cornish Heritage Farms

Ink:
- Dark Brown Chalk Ink by Colorbox
- Versamark ink by Tsukineko

Paper:
- Desert Coral Medium Prismatic CS by Prism
Printed Paper:
- Royal Ball (the Cinderella Collection) by Piggy Tales (green dot on front side & orange dot on the reverse)

Accessories:
- Perfectly Clear & Chocoholic Brownie brown EP by Cornish Heritage Farms
- 5/8" circle punch by EK Success
- Long Rectangle Nestabilities Dies by Spellbinders (www.ellenhutson.com)
- Prima flower
- safety pin
- button
- Baby Bee ribbon by Crate Paper

3 comments :

  1. Julie get outta town! I LOVE THIS.

    I have serious issues with sold stamps. I'm totally inspired here! I'm gonna have to use this idea lots!

    You have made me go from happy that I got that set, but thinking I didn't know what I'd do with that solid girl to just THRILLED.

    I can't wait to do this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is adorable! Love how you did the prego gal - too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. ohhhh, that is so cool. I'll have to add that to my list of things to try.

    Sincerely,
    Sonja

    ReplyDelete

This site has been Tweaked and Designed by Sara Williams | Powered by Blogger | Back to Top
 
Pin It button on image hover